Custom Map #1341: GMM-22 MireBlocker. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, February 22, 2019, 01:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1341: GMM-22 MireBlocker

Author: yum234
Size: 250x190

Desc:
GoodMorning Mode game with created by Builder17 new unit - MireBlocker. You can activate it by mire and then "off" any MireSpawner, then change destination etc. Sorry that mechanics of new unit not yet perfect. #BravoGoodMorning #BravoBuilder17 #BravoVirgil #GoodLuck

serleth

MireBlocker unnecessary for completion of this map. Adds complexity for no reason. Would prefer maps without it.

Durikkan

I tried an aggressive strategy using it and it just suddenly exploded and vanished forever, causing me to lose the map as I'd expanded too recklessly.  I wasn't expecting it to suddenly die.  Restarted the map and just avoided using it. Not sure if that was a bug, or if I was using it too aggressively.  The fact that it ate a chunk out of the ground preventing you from ever putting an omni where it was was kind of inconvenient as well
I'm known as Auri in cw4.

Dave!

Anyone else find if you saved the game the mireblocker suddenly stopped working? I had to play the map through in 1 session with no saving and going back for mistakes. Makes for a more strategic game but was quite annoying the first time i tried play the level and made a mistake late game only to discover you can't go back and play your saves.

Builder17

Quote from: Durikkan on February 22, 2019, 09:51:56 PM
I tried an aggressive strategy using it and it just suddenly exploded and vanished forever, causing me to lose the map as I'd expanded too recklessly.  I wasn't expecting it to suddenly die.  Restarted the map and just avoided using it. Not sure if that was a bug, or if I was using it too aggressively.  The fact that it ate a chunk out of the ground preventing you from ever putting an omni where it was was kind of inconvenient as well
If you can replicate it, please check it's not hidden under controller, like in attached screenshot. :)
Will think about solution for ground bug.

Quote from: Dave! on February 23, 2019, 02:05:56 AM
Anyone else find if you saved the game the mireblocker suddenly stopped working? I had to play the map through in 1 session with no saving and going back for mistakes. Makes for a more strategic game but was quite annoying the first time i tried play the level and made a mistake late game only to discover you can't go back and play your saves.

Could you tell what text MireBlocker has after save/load? Only thing that broke for me was MireBlocker image size.

Durikkan

Quote from: Builder17 on February 23, 2019, 06:31:07 AM
If you can replicate it, please check it's not hidden under controller, like in attached screenshot. :)
Well, I went and tried to replicate it and it didn't happen again.  It was partially on top of a mire spawner, and I was pretty sure I saw the explosion graphic on top of it and heard the noise when it disppeared, and the spawner was still there afterwards.   Maybe it was just a super rare fluke, or maybe I did move it to a hidden location and didn't notice.   I'll let you know if it happens in any other map. 
I'm known as Auri in cw4.

CyberDyneSystems

I loved the map.
I also had problems with the mireblocker. The first one I moved disappeared after a short time,. it always left a crater behind, which left me wondering if it was still blocking where the hole was? It was hard to tell.

There was one place where I actually managed to use a mire blocker to good advantage, down at the bottom of the map, on the two long stretches running left to right.

yum-forum

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

Video from  particle maniac (zapfsaeule):  :D

P.S. And I wonder why more players do not subscribe to YouTube channel of so big fan of Particle Fleet game...
last