Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9325: RivTT2 71.432 Q

Author: PastorHealer
Size: 219x99

Desc:
Alright D & H Level Playing Field... :)

Helper

Getting ready to call it a day, and I think I just got a preview of my nightmare...
Mr. D, I wish you well.
H

D0m0nik

Judging by PHs time, I am worried!! I am off to work now, I will 100% give this map a full go as soon as I get the time!

Just had a sneeky look, 2 bases  ???

marvinitfox

"Level Playing Field" My Aunt Mathilda's Hairy A***...

This map is a Holey Terror

Ok, technically it is level, but....

Now entering try#4 for a start
Apparently I neglected to:
Spoiler

notice that those spore towers are on a 12-second timer. One beam each will *not* suffice!
[close]

Helper

Terrific map.
Surviving the first 4-5 minutes took 5 tries.
After that I was saving about every 30 seconds of game time.
Those Critters will flat wipe you out if you give them a chance.
Even if you don't give them a chance if you accidentally kill 2-3 at once it's like The Rains of Ranchipur.
It will be interesting to talk about techniques in a day or two.
Thanks PH!
H

D0m0nik

Corr blimey, that was a 3 beer map if ever there was one.

First ten minutes were spent searching for a syphon that didn't exist.

Spoiler

For me first two PZs were straight away used for reactors (2 bases a gvien).
2 cannons, 2 beams and a terp at each base, small 5 height wall whilst I started to build reactors
All upgrades went into energy until I hit about 160 then all went into fire rate up to 400 and then fire range.
At this point you may as well build snipers and send waves of cannons up field and just destory everything. The runners have to die at some point so why wait? This is a new tactic for me on PH maps, once you have fire rate upgraded to 400/800 the most efficeint thing is to go massively on the offensive and try and limit the production of runners.
[close]

Absolute carnage, love it! Every single scrap of land was used on this map, initaly by a cannon, then by a reactor.

pastor.healer

I'm so glad you fellas enjoyed this map.  See D, I told you I was going to level the playing field.  I still didn't
get you and Helper, but well... till next time. 

Oh and D...  There was a hidden gem.  :)

And Marvinitfox...  Thanks for the comments.  Thoroughly enjoyed them. 

D0m0nik

Helper

@D,
Great tactics.
Attached is my starting position. I didn't keep a 2-3 minute save.
Spoiler
Early on I kept losing that top PZ Reactor, which really slows down advancement. Your idea of a wall is excellent, as is the massive attack.
Starting at about half way to the Inhibitors, I started dropping in the Airborne Troops to beat on the Creeper. I had plenty of power by then, but didn't think of deploying Snipers.
Will try both of your tactics next time.
[close]
[/b]

BTW - my final assault was on the upper Inhibitor, but don't know if that was the better choice.

The map maker formerly known as Yum has two new maps out, so my day is pretty well shot. Glad I'm retired and can focus on the important stuff.

Semper Fidelis!
H

Riskbreaker

at which minute mark you folks started pressing on forward?

also, i'm slowly developing ill feelings torwards runners

Helper

Those little critters have a variety of nicknames...none of them fit for mixed company.
PH's are especially evil since he packs so much Creeper in to each one.

I'll probably play this again in a couple of days and will give you a time estimate then.

The real "GO" point is when you have at least 400/800 on your Fire Rate/Range - AND - a good surplus of power.
I tend to rush on that last one and bog down in a power deficit.

Of course, if you can find this magic jewel mentioned above, your power problems are over.
H

Riskbreaker

aw man! i'm positive i mouseovered the entire map haha...i'm gonna be so annoyed when i find it after beating this

pastor.healer

I loved D's response to finding out there was a gem...  Ha!  Gotcha!!!! 
It only took ten years.

Helper....  If I could add more creeper into the bugs, I would do it. 

Risktaker...  thanks for jumping in.  Glad you enjoyed the map.

Johnny Haywire

Well, don't be too disappointed. From what I can tell the gem is as useful as the ore mines in this map  :P

Spoiler
It's kinda in the middle at the very top
[close]

PH, this is a really nice challenge. One question though... some of the runners exploded AC. Is that just the game mechanic that flips creeper to AC once it hits a certain limit? (I think it's ~2,000 but not sure). Or did you actually manage to sneak in an AC-runner facility in this map?

I actually thought this map was a lot easier than most PH maps. I saved a few times at the start but after that I just let it run. This may have been the first PH map I wasn't afraid to do while afk.  :o

LOVE the level ground for these kinds of maps. Personally, I would greatly prefer the useless pseudo-ore-mines to be removed. But if fooling people is what you're going for then I guess I can't complain. But if ya wanna fool people, maybe just have like 100 spores fly out of nowhere about 3 minutes after the last spore tower is killed. That will Sorrontis them right off the map.  ;)

Thanks for the map!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?