Custom Map #9231: chronom 2021-01-25. By: bedbug

Started by AutoPost, January 25, 2021, 09:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9231: chronom 2021-01-25

Author: bedbug
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Ad cogitandum et agendum homo natus est.

thewoodenlego

Someone mind explaining how to start this? Thanks

Khotekki

Quote from: thewoodenlego on January 25, 2021, 12:05:20 PM

If you mean this particular map, you should be able to simply land the orbital on the only free space of land available for it's size (right of the center of the map).  From there, create a terp, lower the only area that will allow the the anti-creeper to progress and then continue that pattern from that point on.  This particular map requires a little bit of double checking to make sure you don't open up the wrong pathways too early, but besides that it's a fairly straight forward map of this type (CSM).

If you're not sure what's going on in this map, and have no idea how to even go about playing it, I'd suggest going to the text search bar in game and putting CSM in.  There's roughly 35 pages of this style of game (most of them are really fun).  I'd go back and start with the earliest ones and start playing those.  Yum234 is probably the most prolific creator of CSM maps, but by no means is he the only one.    CSM maps have evolved over the years, but they're one of my favorite map types. 

Shatterstep

Quote from: thewoodenlego on January 25, 2021, 12:05:20 PM

My best guess is I think the starting AC emitter has to be walled off until there is enough of a pool so you can flood the 15. Takes a lot of time. Should work, but I'm going to give up since I tried it twice and it was just taking to long to even take the first emitter.

Johnny Haywire

The start of this map is pretty much like any other CSM map. You have an emitter and you need to flood the other emitters.

Yes, you should terp a wall next to the enemy emitter and wait until it has 2x the amount of the emitter on the other side of the wall - that's almost always a guaranteed capture. You can always force it to be higher by compressing the AC into a smaller area, thus increasing the fluid pressure.  ;)

This map lagged a bit for me, but it was still fun to play (mostly afk b/c of the lag). All of the power-ups are unnecessary but they're helpful if you'd like to win more quickly.

On one hand, I'd love to see smaller versions of these maps. On the other hand, it's a bit more strategic to have an epic battle, I suppose.

Another enjoyable CSM experience - thanks for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Marinero

Another great map.  :) Congrats and thanks so much for doing it

yum-forum

Fresh video of my map created by Master DarkRubberNeck:

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last