Main Menu

Chat?

Started by Karsten75, January 01, 2010, 08:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

In the forum buttons there is now a "Chat" link, but it says I'm not a registered user?

djcian

apparently for right now only mods can use it but that is just because it is not really ready yet
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

knucracker

Yeah, give me a little bit longer... I Just installed it a little bit ago.  I have to go through all of the config and make sure it is setup right.

knucracker

Ok, chat is enabled now (I hope).

Karsten75

OK, it's working. Chat is a black hole of death for time.

Karsten75

Can we make fewer chat rooms? FOr now it might be better if there was only one chat room or if we agreed to all be in a specific chat room?

knucracker

Yeah.... I'll see if I can figure out this config file and limit it to the one default room for now. 

djcian

whenever i enter into chat it asks me for my user name and my password to enter the chat rooms but if i close out the box without putting in information and i open it up again i get the chat room and i don't have to enter my password.  what is going on?
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Dranar

It seems like this is the code i sent you?

I'm waiting in it now for someone to enter. I just saw 'Cube' exit. :(

Edit: I don't think this is the one I said.
The Reactor - The Reactor of all Reactors

Mrmcdeath

Dj all you have to do is enter your forums username and password. It will then log you in.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

knucracker

I've noticed this happen sometimes too... no idea why.  Ajaxchat is supposed to inherit your current session from the forums.  But if it doesn't  (and as Mrmcdeath said) you can just enter your creds again on the popup login screen.

djcian

i have done that before and it still every so often does what i described above.  oh well it is not that big of an issue i will just have to open up chat twice every so often from now on