CW2 Unit Data Overview

Started by UpperKEES, March 09, 2011, 09:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DethbyIT

LOL!
I felt like I was a 2nd LT again (map+compass=lost).
Thanks,
dbit

J

Nullifier damage could do more damage than 1 emitter health. It could do 1 emitter/gate health to all emitters/gates in range

UpperKEES

My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Ranakastrasz

How much damage per adjacent cell of creeper do shields take?

UpperKEES

I think 0.06 per frame (just from empirical testing), which means a shield touched by 1 side will last for 75 / 0.06 = 1250 frames = 41.67 seconds.

Ranakastrasz

Well, the calculation sounds like per side rather than per cell, though it would be nearly impossible to calculate it per cell without fields available in the right spot.
Question about extractor upgrade, Does it give you more ore per ore in the deposit, and do makers then produce more creeper per ore?

mthw2vc

Quote from: Ranakastrasz on June 06, 2011, 06:05:20 PM
Well, the calculation sounds like per side rather than per cell, though it would be nearly impossible to calculate it per cell without fields available in the right spot.
Actually, a cell is a whole side, consisting of 9 subcells ;)

Question about extractor upgrade, Does it give you more ore per ore in the deposit, and do makers then produce more creeper per ore?
The former. Think of it this way: an ore rig normally digs up 10 ore in X seconds. After applying the upgrade, each rig will deplete the deposit by the same 10 ore in those same X seconds, but 11 ore will be added to your storage. In other words, you get 10% more ore and get it 10% faster for each upgrade you apply.

UpperKEES

mthw2vc beat me in posting, but anyway:

Yep, that's why I used the word 'side' ;) Not sure what you mean by 'cell' (1 cell consists out of 9 subcells). As far as I know 1 side is considered being touched when at least one adjacent subcell contains Creeper in a particular frame. Unlike for wall elements in CW1 diagonal cells are not taken into account. Also not sure what fields have to do with it....

The ore rig upgrade makes the rigs 10% more efficient. This means that 10% more ore is extracted from the same deposit. Additional upgrades do not influence each other, but are added to form a multiplier (so 3 upgrades make a 1.3 multiplier). The production of the makers is not affected.

Kithros

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 06, 2011, 06:32:42 PM
Yep, that's why I used the word 'side' ;) Not sure what you mean by 'cell' (1 cell consists out of 9 subcells). As far as I know 1 side is considered being touched when at least one adjacent subcell contains Creeper in a particular frame. Unlike for wall elements in CW1 diagonal cells are not taken into account. Also not sure what fields have to do with it....

I'm pretty sure it's considered by each of the 12 subcells next to the wall rather than by sides - you'll note that the shields at say the start of day 17 will last quite a lot longer than a shield with a full side of it next to creeper. One other interesting thing about shields - if they're next to a field of creeper that does not move, they will take damage, but you can deactivate them to stop taking damage and they won't die because the creeper won't move under it.

UpperKEES

This is what sticked to my mind:

Quote from: virgilw on 23 March 2011, 22:05:35
Damage is boolean... a unit either takes damage or it doesn't.  So more subcells with creeper does not increase damage.

But:

Quote from: virgilw on 30 March 2011, 20:07:54
Right now, the creeper calculation looks to see if there is a shield in any adjacent cell.  If so, it will damage this shield.  When a shield is in the construction phase, it doesn't show up to the creeper calculation (since the creeper calculation would also not move creeper into a subcell covered by a shield).

So the damage determination for shields is done during the creeper calculation and because this creeper calculation is performed per subcell you could very well be right that the amount of subcells adjacent to a shield indeed does influence the amount of damage.

Ranakastrasz

Could the shield damage data be added? Both for how quickly creeper decays it, but also for how much damage a shield takes per drone health.

UpperKEES

Yeah, I'll update the overview when the next update has been released. :)

thepenguin

anybody know the exact (frames) length of time it takes a CB from pushing detonate to the actual conversion?
We have become the creeper...

Nemoricus

Some additional information that might be helpful.

Weapon  Max Damage/s Max Energy Use/s

Blaster 552000/690000/920000/1380000 .6/.75/1/1.5

Launcher 3795000/4370000/4945000/5750000 1/1.14/1.29/1.5

florrat

Could you update this overview to make it up-to-date, and add some extra info?

Mainly I'd like to know:
-How fast does a maker "fire" after fire rate upgrades?
-What is the strength of an repulsor? Is this affected by the fire rate upgrades?
-What is the fire strength of the dark beam against drones?
-How much damages does an X hp drone against shields/Liberation ship? And how much damage does an other unit to that drone?
-What is the hp (de)regeneration rate of drones when touching (anti)creeper?
-Correct Ore storage upgrade effect and #upgrades
-Could you change "Max. damage per shot" to ...K?
-How much creeper does a phantom contain (or does this vary)?

Owh wait, I should start this post with "Wow, what a great and useful overview, thank you very much", because it has helped me a few times already (dark beam energy usage, for example). Oh, and just checking to be absolutely sure: Does energy usage of reactor, beacon or tech dome increase when upgrading?