AC Spores and Shields

Started by Grayzzur, February 01, 2014, 03:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grayzzur

Are anti-creeper spores supposed to damage shields when they hit? I just had a Shield get destroyed by some AC spores on a map with no regular spores.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Grauniad

Nope. What map was that? There has been a recent map where AC spores came so thick, they converted into Creeper. That might have killed your Shield.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Relli

Same thing happened to me on tek's Stepping Stones map. Only 4 anti-spores come at a time, and the ones that hit where my shields were did damage, and even killed one. The rest hit and spread anti-creeper as normal.

Grauniad

OK, a shield does take damage from a "regular" creeper-filled spore. I guess the logic isn't checking to see if the spore carries AC and the Shield does not have to repel it. Moving this to Support for Virgil to have a look at it.

Grayzzur

Quote from: Relli on February 01, 2014, 04:57:35 PM
Same thing happened to me on tek's Stepping Stones map.
That's actually the map I was playing.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Flabort

Quote from: Grayzzur on February 01, 2014, 06:04:05 PM
Hmm... Same here, I just figured, I'll just not put the shield on the PZ, since the spores do more good when they land.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

Grayzzur

Quote from: Flabort on February 01, 2014, 06:45:25 PM
Quote from: Grayzzur on February 01, 2014, 06:04:05 PM
Hmm... Same here, I just figured, I'll just not put the shield on the PZ, since the spores do more good when they land.
At the point were I lost the shield, I just decided to destroy the spore towers. Their contribution was negligible by then.

Grauniad

Virgil has fixed this in the most recent build 1.73.