Unable to buy game on Fastpring

Started by aeon, October 27, 2016, 08:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeon

the biggest bug: can't buy the game, every time when I try to pay (using mastercard) it said:

Order Canceled
Your order has been canceled. Please contact us if you have any questions, or would like assistance with placing another order.

or

Order Failed
We regret that your payment or order could not be accepted. There are many reasons why this might occur. We value your business and would like to help you complete this order. Please contact us for assistance.

I tried at least 10 times, using different locations and different computers
thx

Karsten75

Quote from: aeon on October 27, 2016, 08:00:52 AM
the biggest bug: can't buy the game, every time when I try to pay (using mastercard) it said:

Order Canceled
Your order has been canceled. Please contact us if you have any questions, or would like assistance with placing another order.

or

Order Failed
We regret that your payment or order could not be accepted. There are many reasons why this might occur. We value your business and would like to help you complete this order. Please contact us for assistance.

I tried at least 10 times, using different locations and different computers
thx

The "Contact us"  refers to the payment processor (Fastspring). From the messages, it seems they have issues with your credit card. These online companies do extensive checking and validation to prevent fraud. Sometimes innocent buyers get caught up in that.

Your best bet is to actually contact them as they suggest and see if you can clear it up.

aeon

I sent few messages, first few days ago, last today, but no response..
the card is fine, works anywhere online or on cash machines

I bought all previous CW games, no issues, so I thought that is something wrong now on CW side..

knucracker

Send me a mail at support@knucklecracker.com with the name you are purchasing under and I'll look up the order at fastspring and see what their system is saying the problem is.

Karsten75

Please send email to support@knucklecracker.com.

Do NOT include sensitive information such as your credit card number. Do provide the card type (debit/credit), issuer and country of issue.

Provide the email address(es) that you used to attempt your purchase. Also provide your IP address as well as whether you are using a VPN.

The browser and platform (OS) you are using may also be useful.

Karsten75

Quote from: aeon on October 27, 2016, 09:29:15 AM
I bought all previous CW games, no issues, so I thought that is something wrong now on CW side..

Over time, the online merchant sites add new features to eliminate online fraud. Sometimes these measures block legitimate purchasers.

aeon

I called the bank, no problems with my card, it works fine, I used even today to pay some invoices and no issues
I tried other card from other bank, and the same message from fastspring:

Order Canceled

definitely there is something wrong on fastspring side

ps. thanks a lot Virgil

aeon

done. Fastspring sent me a new link to make order and here the card works fine, I was able to buy the game.
and already I finished the Story during the weekend :)