Custom Map #145: yum06 OMNI WAR (Puzzle). By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, October 10, 2016, 01:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #145: yum06 OMNI WAR (Puzzle)

Author: yum234
Size: 448x252

Desc:
Semi-big size map. Multi-strategy. Hard&tricky start. More logical than hard. Only one custom ship (see Forum). #GoodLuck

yum-forum

Explanation of custom type of ship:

TANK LATHE   Usual LATHE with energy tank what helps to attack outside Energy Scr. range.

In attachments photo of custom ship.

Good Luck!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

PMouser

i cant figure this map out, i have no chance to win, the particals, just kill me and i cant figure out how to get through those rocks fast enough please, help ty
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Stickman

Quote from: PMouser on October 11, 2016, 10:16:15 AM
i cant figure this map out, i have no chance to win, the particals, just kill me and i cant figure out how to get through those rocks fast enough please, help ty

Start that kinda works:
Spoiler

-1) Keep your HQ safe - don't let it get destroyed, as it keeps your omni techs offline for 20 seconds. That can be counterproductive.
0) Techs - omni reactors and cannons, mine and land production, and defense struc. Omnis and production are obvious choices, struc gives you lathe on mines and it can speed up getting omnis in the beginning.
1) Spawn HQ next to center energy source. Pick omnis and place them on the piece of land on the left of energy source. You need to build at least about 4-5, more is better.
2) After central mine dies to particles, move HQ to left enegry source. Park HQ somewhere safe - as far from roaming enemy ships as you can. HQ will take occasional hit from stray enemy shots, that's annoying, but you can't do anything.
3) Build omnis in space, land them on unmired land, get more omnis. You need to land omnis on the same piece of connected land - ignore small unconnected islands.
4) Once you get 13 omnis (all you can get from this big connected piece of land), they will eventually mire all connected land and blow up enemy mire spawner, and spawner will leave energy source. I recommend sneaking HQ to capture it and use it to build omins next to fast-firing emitter. You'll need three omnis to take out this emitter.
[close]
=====> This is a moderately pointy stick. You need to poke me with it once in three days if you need PRPL from me

PMouser

i cant get 4 or 5 omis built before i or the energy source dies
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

yum-forum

Quote from: PMouser on October 11, 2016, 10:56:46 PM
i cant get 4 or 5 omis built before i or the energy source dies

Inside spoiler one of my version of start game:

Spoiler

Good luck!  :)
last

TypoNinja

Promising map, had to give it a low rating for making the start a big fat unforgiving mystery.

Wasted far too much starting over and over at different locations, not even sure if my opening was possible.

That is not fun, its a waste of time and an exercise in frustration. You at the least need to make it obvious what a viable starting point is.

yum-forum

Quote from: TypoNinja on December 12, 2016, 09:10:45 PM
Promising map, had to give it a low rating for making the start a big fat unforgiving mystery.

Wasted far too much starting over and over at different locations, not even sure if my opening was possible.

That is not fun, its a waste of time and an exercise in frustration. You at the least need to make it obvious what a viable starting point is.

This is "puzzle" game  and in previous post I attached screenshots how to start:

Spoiler

Thank You for trying to play this game and comment!  :)
last

stdout

Great game! I had to play it twice to get a better score.  ;D

Johnny Haywire

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?