CW2 Unit Data Overview

Started by UpperKEES, March 09, 2011, 09:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

In time.... :)
I almost hate to show anyone the editor.  It is so packed with stuff... and I'm not even done yet.

UpperKEES

Is it correct that a blaster holds 8 ammo packets and fires 39 times with that? It seems like there's still a little ammo left in the blaster, but apparently not enough for 1 shot. Or is there another reason why this last shot isn't fired? (I tested this by cutting off the power.)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

knucracker

It holds 8 ammo and each shot drains 0.2.
I'll have to look at why this isn't 40 clean shots.  I bet it has to do with floating point error and the last amount of ammo is actually .19999999... But I'll take a look.

Blaze

Quote from: virgilw on March 09, 2011, 11:03:25 PM
I almost hate to show anyone the editor.  It is so packed with stuff... and I'm not even done yet.

Basically, we could almost make a whole new game based on creeper with it?

UpperKEES

Quote from: Blaze on March 10, 2011, 12:03:58 AM
Basically, we could almost make a whole new game based on creeper with it?

Yep, and it's called Creeper World Redemption. ;)

For more elaboration about the map editor please create a new topic. I like this thread to be dedicated for unit data only.

Sqaz

Do reactors really give 1 energy/second, I always thought it was only 0.2.

Echo51

Quote from: virgilw on March 09, 2011, 11:21:41 PM
It holds 8 ammo and each shot drains 0.2.
I'll have to look at why this isn't 40 clean shots.  I bet it has to do with floating point error and the last amount of ammo is actually .19999999... But I'll take a look.

My bet is the typical typo of using > instead of >= ;)
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

thepenguin

Quote from: Karsten75 on March 09, 2011, 10:58:59 PM
Quote from: virgilw on March 09, 2011, 10:56:19 PM
I just looked at one line of code (that had a 4 on it:) )  It might do to double check by pausing the game right when the clock ticks.  Then build something 25 cells away (in a straight line, on the same row), and see if it takes 5 seconds for a packet to get there.

Map. editor. now. please.
Quote from: virgilw on March 09, 2011, 11:03:25 PM

I'd like to see the editor, but I guess virgil has to get it perfect before he shows us
We have become the creeper...

mthw2vc

UpperKEES

Quote from: mthw2vc on March 10, 2011, 08:13:55 AM
Add LS data?

Like? Oh, I forgot movement speed and beacon range for the LS/AS; added.

mthw2vc

Upgrading beacon range does not affect AS range.

UpperKEES

Quote from: mthw2vc on March 10, 2011, 08:36:47 AM
Upgrading beacon range does not affect AS range.

Oh, do you think it should?

In CW1 the unit movement speed upgrade was also applied to OC. Is this similar in CW2?

Aurzel

i dont think beacon range upgrade should affect the AS, it's called beacon for a reason :P

UpperKEES

Quote from: Aurzel on March 10, 2011, 10:20:05 AM
i dont think beacon range upgrade should affect the AS, it's called beacon for a reason :P

True, but apparently the AS has an onboard beacon. The +10% reactor efficiency also affects the energy generated by the AS, so that's rather similar. Not sure yet about the movement speed like I said....

UpperKEES

Quote from: mthw2vc on March 09, 2011, 10:25:27 PM
50 if it hits the center subcell twice. I originally thought they caused twice as much damage because I was only meausuring one subcell.

The center cell is indeed hit twice, but the four corner cells aren't hit, which makes the total damage per shot 46 x 4000 = 184,000.

For launchers it works exactly the same way, so their max. damage per shot is 46 x 250000 = 11,500,000.