Yet Another Script Request...

Started by Keeper Decagon, February 11, 2017, 03:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper Decagon

Quick note: I hope I'm not pestering people with all of my noobiness for this coding business...

Anyways, I wanted to have a timer so that when the mission gets to a certain time, say around 25 minutes, one of the conversations pops up (without needing to lathe something with it attached). I would assume it's possible, but I don't suppose someone could help me out with a script?
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

$Time:45000
$Conv:"SomeConv"

once
<-Time Delay
<-Conv ShowConversation
endonce

Sorry about the lack of indenting, this device lacks an easy way to insert a tab character.

Time is in frames, as usual.

You're not pestering, but I encourage you to try it yourself anyway.

At some point, would you like a script to reload the gigantic particle cannons you include (I.e. respawn the particle burst)?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Dark Ambition

Quote from: GoodMorning on February 11, 2017, 04:55:23 PM

once
<-Time Delay
<-Conv ShowConversation
endonce

Sorry about the lack of indenting, this device lacks an easy way to insert a tab character.

I was literally seconds from hitting enter when I got notified of your reply XD
Yours is about a thousand times better than my three lines, though, and mine was gonna say it would be wiser to wait for someone else to give a better one :P
And because of how simple this is, I think I better understand something that was holding me off.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: GoodMorning on February 11, 2017, 04:55:23 PM

once
<-Time Delay
<-Conv ShowConversation
endonce

At some point, would you like a script to reload the gigantic particle cannons you include (I.e. respawn the particle burst)?

Thanks, much appreciated! I probably will have to spend some time figuring out what goes where and how and why before I can really attempt to script something in, which I will get round to eventually.

Also, I never really considered those cannons to have a reload. If I ever come up with a map that would use something like that, I'll let you know! :)
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Keeper Decagon

Ok, after having scanned through the wiki pages on PRPL a few times, I have not been able to see a way to do this: use scripting to make a perfectly circular "planet". I know it's possible somehow, since I've seen a couple of maps having these perfect circles of land in them. But I wonder if anyone who has done it can perhaps chime in and give me some pointers and/or tell me I'm stupid and I have missed a very particular bit of code in that awful list.

Cheers.

Dark Ambition

Quote from: Keeper Decagon on February 13, 2017, 07:21:57 PM
Ok, after having scanned through the wiki pages on PRPL a few times, I have not been able to see a way to do this: use scripting to make a perfectly circular "planet". I know it's possible somehow, since I've seen a couple of maps having these perfect circles of land in them. But I wonder if anyone who has done it can perhaps chime in and give me some pointers and/or tell me I'm stupid and I have missed a very particular bit of code in that awful list.

Cheers.

My map that had the near perfect sphere was done by hand, using a circular land generator that was intended for minecraft, but I was still able to copy it over to PF by hand, it took 2 days because i've never done that and had a hard time.

A friend told me about the SetLandBulk script directly after.

# --landbulk--
$radius:1 #Radius of a circle or half length of a square
$height:1 #Land height, 0 is space, 1-5 is land
$square:0 #If set to 0, the land formed will be a circle; 1 will be a square
CurrentX ->X
CurrentY ->Y

SetLandBulk(<-X <-Y <-height <-radius <-square)

#---Credits---
#Base Code: Sorrontis
#Information: VirgilW & planetfall

FOXX

Quote from: Keeper Decagon on February 13, 2017, 07:21:57 PM
Ok, after having scanned through the wiki pages on PRPL a few times, I have not been able to see a way to do this: use scripting to make a perfectly circular "planet".

Stickman has a script that will do that.
You can set Land Height and the size [wich can go BIG]
I just found out about this from Stickman but i like it a lot.
Very easy to use with Shortcut Keys.

Image PaintALand
[close]

Maybe you send him a PM?
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS