Backing up Creeper World to a flash drive

Started by Michionlion, January 04, 2011, 08:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

ok, i've copied the program files and the appdata (which i finaly found) to my flash drive, is there anything else i need to do in order to be ableto play cw again if something happens?  And if something happens, what do i need to do to get cw installed on an other computer?
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Blaze

Echo51

He said appdata.

All you really need is the air executable.
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Michionlion

and where is that?  @blaze: the app data contains Datacab.DAT (i think thats what its called) and thats where your game data is stored, along with some other things.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Echo51

My bad if it wasn't clear :) i meant the installer for Adobe AIR.

Michionlion

where do you get that? with the original download right?  then i'll have to ask for another one...
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Echo51

Michionlion

they have the creeper world installer?

Edit:  oh, you think me backing up air... no i'm not, i'm trying to make sure i can play creeper world if something happens to the computer its on.
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Echo51

As far as i know, you need air to be present on the computer...

Grauniad

Some of what you need to do is operating system dependent. Let me know if you are running on Windows (what release) or Mac (there I can't help you) and I'll see exactly what you need to copy where to preserve a backup of your game status, etc.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...

Michionlion

Quote from: Grauniad on January 08, 2011, 07:44:34 AM
Some of what you need to do is operating system dependent. Let me know if you are running on Windows (what release) or Mac (there I can't help you) and I'll see exactly what you need to copy where to preserve a backup of your game status, etc.

i run windows xp with mantenience pack 3.  i have version 0572 of cw
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!