Beta version 1.01 on Steam

Started by Syth, January 05, 2017, 04:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syth

Through Youtube I was made aware there's another build in which among other things (or so I would presume) when in a level, hovering over a ship to build will display a preview of it. In addition the healthbars on the side UI get percentages added for more exact numbers.

My understanding was that I right-click the game in my Steam library > properties  > Beta. Having enabled the beta, the game did download something however it seems not the version I came across. The main menu now displays "Version 1.01" as opposed to what should I believe be 1.03b2 or at least the 1.02 it was before.

Help would be appreciated, more info can be supplied as needed.

Karsten75

The main version line is the most recent. Virgil kept the older versions in beta branches in the event that something broke for players in a newer version.

A new version is imminent in the next few days. I suggest you revert to the main branch. Unfortunately, I can't tell you the exact number, since I'm testing the new build. ;)  Just be on the main branch and you should be OK.

Edit: Link to discussion on most recent version: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=22155.0

Syth

I've reverted back, thanks and can't wait for the build top drop based on what I've seen!

Karsten75

Link me to the YouTube video, please?

Syth

(Will be going to bed and see further replies in many hours.)

Stickman

Quote from: Syth on January 05, 2017, 04:37:05 PM
Through Youtube I was made aware there's another build in which among other things (or so I would presume) when in a level, hovering over a ship to build will display a preview of it. In addition the healthbars on the side UI get percentages added for more exact numbers.

My understanding was that I right-click the game in my Steam library > properties  > Beta. Having enabled the beta, the game did download something however it seems not the version I came across. The main menu now displays "Version 1.01" as opposed to what should I believe be 1.03b2 or at least the 1.02 it was before.

Help would be appreciated, more info can be supplied as needed.

There are four options for beta in beta tab and the one you need is simply called "beta -". Can you check that right one was selected? I've tried to switch back to main branch and then to "beta -" again and I've got 1.03b2 properly installed, so it's probably not some server-side issue.
=====> This is a moderately pointy stick. You need to poke me with it once in three days if you need PRPL from me

Syth

Stayed up a last few minutes and it seems that was it, thank you!

I has simply mistakenly assumed the "biggest number" (V1.01) was the latest build.

knucracker

I'll get all of this sorted tomorrow and in the next couple of days publish a new public beta that everyone will be welcome to try.

GoodMorning

Would it be possible to bring one of the various versions into general release? Many (most?) non-forum-goers only run the general release version, and new maps don't have ship explanations because the beta shows ship plans.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

knucracker

Yes, the plan is to do another beta build for the purple branch, then within a day to move that to the public beta branch.  Then within a couple or three days make that general release.  The nature of this update (the custom ships and such) make it such that I have to stage it and give some time at each stage to uncover any unknown serious issues.

knucracker

The 1.1 beta build has been published to the public beta branch on steam. Anyone is welcome to try it now.