Black Overlay (Because of Updated Driver)

Started by b0dhimind, December 25, 2014, 02:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0dhimind

I have a problem with Windows 8.1 x64 Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver...
Namely, my game (whether Steam or normal version) always starts up with a black screen. Everything else works fine. I can hear the intro sound, I can even click and play the game (clicked past the menu screen and went into the planet selection area)... just that there is a black screen over everything the entire time.

When I disable my graphics driver I can play the game perfectly fine but I'm unable to use my monitor and must resort to my laptop screen.

Any ideas what I could do? I was told that Virgil has a similar setup to mine and might know what to do?

FYI, my computer is completely updated and upgraded including having the latest drivers. I attached info about my computer in txt file.

Is there maybe a parameter that would disable display adaptor from rendering (hardware only?)? Please help, I've been waiting to play this game for a long time  :-[

knucracker

The only command line options are documented here.  Scroll down the the section on "standalone player":
http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html

If you have a separate monitor hooked up to a laptop it might have something to do with multiple displays.  So maybe forcing the adapter to display on will help... or switching the laptop through different modes (mirror, one display, or another).

b0dhimind

Parameter "-force-d3d11" did it!
Thank you virgil for the xmas present ;D
happy holidays!

MadMag