Hardest Tormented Space maps

Started by florrat, October 12, 2013, 06:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Roc

Quote from: florrat on October 12, 2013, 06:37:36 PM
Impossible: (the map is impossible beyond reasonable doubt)
S200_189 (1,7): Keomicanfur

I see in online scores that Keomicanfur was completed 6 times, including with 2 scores over a hour long (i.e. seems legit). However I just can't see any approach to get anywhere. The only available landing spot is flooed in around 1 minute and flooded hard, from several sides. The only small area safe from creeper for 2 minutes is very limited and it is to far from flat landing area so even if I keep the base floating permanently it is just to far and can't stay connected. Anyone can figure any tactic there? or all 6 scores are fake?

Telhuin

S200_54:Holmisoer
I know this is a little underwhelming from a system that has both Braydenter and Kinloneport, but I cannot get anywhere on this one. Creeper fills map in 3 minutes, plus spores. I end up with a tiny platform, not enough time/energy for terp, not enough space for enough reactors, and the creeper is surrounding the platform so I need more mortars than I can get. Any tips?

Evil Roc

Quote from: Telhuin on April 27, 2015, 12:04:17 PM
S200_54:Holmisoer
I know this is a little underwhelming from a system that has both Braydenter and Kinloneport, but I cannot get anywhere on this one. Creeper fills map in 3 minutes, plus spores. I end up with a tiny platform, not enough time/energy for terp, not enough space for enough reactors, and the creeper is surrounding the platform so I need more mortars than I can get. Any tips?

That seems quite ok map, start with 5-6 collectors (reach to small plato in very SW corner) then 2 reactors. After that I build 1 blaster directly right of base to stop creeper, then another reactor, rerp, reactor, mortar (north of base), reactor, mortar on SW plato... only resupply terp just enough for needed elevations, I build some limited walls and clear space for reactors. By 6 minutes in game I have 10 reactors (7 to the left of base, 3 on SW plato) 1 terp, 1 blaster, 3 mortars (1 north of base, 1 south of base, 1 on SW plato and 2 anti-spores cannons (only start build them when it is 1 minute to spores launch). 3 mortars seem to be able to stall quite ok, 4th and 5th should be added soon and 3rd anti-air before second spore launch. There is still space for 6-8 buildings available and the creepers south of base is easy to push clearing more space... The key seems to just build enough reactors fast, early terp (but not VERY early) to few elevations.

Attaching also screenshots of 1minute, 4 minutes, 6 minutes positions.

P.S. That play clearly can be improved much :)

hbarudi

Thank you very much for the walkthrough for this map (S200_54 Holmisoer), really helps.

However, I found a map that is only very little less hard than jovencoting: S200_74 Furham. This one needs serious strategy to start.

decoy256

Need some serious help with Tatbor... any suggestions? Use the totem early or later? Command Center placement? Right now, I'm putting the CC down by the totem and building my first collector in the large field to the right (see attachment), then building some more collectors around the base, then quickly switching to build reactors. I build about 3-4, use the totem to buy time to build another, then build mortars, but that's about where I hit a dead end. I've gotta think I'm going about this all wrong. Help?

Evil Roc

Tatbor - see screenshot taken on 4 minutes into game. Again possibly not optimal, but I was able to complete the map from that position.
It did take me about 5 tries to get the timing on weapons and totem.
I do not now remember exact build order, but the key is build weapons as late as possible and power totem only just before it is needed. Totem is to be used when creeper is first time to get to lower plato (where the south blaster + mortar are in screenshot) it wins about 30 more seconds or so to build more power instead of weapons.

decoy256

Thank you, thank you! That gave me enough to complete the map.

rennervate

Quote from: florrat on December 10, 2013, 04:42:54 AM
S200_29: Ragworth is definitely possible.

EDIT: Finished Ragworth in just under 30 minutes. I can post more screenshots if anyone is interested.

Please :-)
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

florrat

Quote from: rennervate on June 26, 2015, 09:42:13 AM
Quote from: florrat on December 10, 2013, 04:42:54 AM
S200_29: Ragworth is definitely possible.

EDIT: Finished Ragworth in just under 30 minutes. I can post more screenshots if anyone is interested.

Please :-)

These are all I could dig up from my screenshots folder and saved games. The first is unfortunately already 3 minutes in, but looking at the screenshot it is clear where I landed my command node (I'm quite sure I didn't move it), how I got the artifact, and where I used it.

rennervate

Great. thx a lot!
would be a great help!
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

llljjj

Nice list! Only played some of the maps but I would definitely swap the difficulty of S200_2 (2,1): Midmiraiad and S200_54 (2,6): Kinloneport (I). Only 18 people have beaten Midmiraiad and they all seem to have a pretty long time. I got my Turtler achievement there  ;D

wolvestooth

S200_158: Ragcarden

I'm not sure what it is I'm doing wrong on this one, but with the best landing spot right near a trap I want to quit the game after less than a minute.

FishintehPond

S200_64 (5,2): Bradsometum (I)(-)

I don't see how I can beat this map without getting overrun.

S200_153 Luumulyr

No scores that I could see for this one. Impossible?

Boris The Cat

Thanks for the post and lots of good info, it has been helpful.

Grinding through Tormented Space and stuck at Braydenter.  Any advice, suggestions or empathy?

Boris The Cat

Paraisoer 5200_169 - Pretty sure is impossible and has inhibitor.  I couldn't get any start anywhere.  Tried to get artifact, got close but always overrun before obtaining.