Custom Map #6995: Lay Down the Gauntlet. By: stdout

Started by AutoPost, January 17, 2019, 11:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6995: Lay Down the Gauntlet

Author: stdout
Size: 149x200

Desc:
Tricky map if you don't try unusual strategies. Look for infinity stones (gems) in strange places, and also consider snapping your fingers. Only half of these bugs are worth keeping around.

D0m0nik

A couple of great maps, thanks for making them! I always love your maps, they have real finesse.

stdout

Thanks Dp! I couldn't believe your time on this one!

BilboGCL

I can only second D0m0nik!

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

D0m0nik

The trick on this one

Spoiler
Land two CNs on the yellow island, get a mortor on a PZ as soon as poss and then connect to the bottom base.
[close]

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: D0m0nik on January 18, 2019, 02:43:20 AM
The trick on this one

Spoiler
Land two CNs on the yellow island, get a mortor on a PZ as soon as poss and then connect to the bottom base.
[close]

Overkill.

Spoiler
Once you have the yellow build a sniper.  The left runners are really packed with anticreeper, once you start blowing them the top part of the map floods with anti-creeper.  I never connected the bases because there was no need to.
[close]

Helper

"I never connected the bases because there was no need to."

Yeah, we should probably only follow D0m0nik's advice if we want a sub-10 minute time (versus 40+ minutes).
;)

H

D0m0nik

Sorry Helper, Loren has this one nailed, sniper reduced my time from 8.31 to 7.01 at the first try.

You don't have to be the greatest player to be a great coach  ;)

(Although I still connected my bases ASAP!)

Helper

Whoa!
I was looking at your posting time and trying to figure out how you could read my post and reply on only 5 seconds.
Then I realized it was 12 hour and 05 seconds.

I cut over 20 minutes off my time by forcing the connection between bases. Stil about twice the time it took you, but better than the average bear.
8)
H