Custom Map #6980: CSM-78 GIFT from SANTA. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, January 14, 2019, 07:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6980: CSM-78 GIFT from SANTA

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Traditional CSM without conversion bombs but with new units created by Santa Regallion. Like in GoodMorning Mode in PF game now in CSM also exists Bridges&Controllers. Overflow controllers units by anti-creeper and you can on/off bridges units. Sorry for inconvenience that number of controllers visible only "on mouse". Will be improved in next maps. #BravoCornucanis #BravoKajacx #BravoRegallion

D0m0nik

RrR

I like it, but there is an exploit.

Spoiler
Opening and closing a gate repeatedly destroys creeper. Spilling the creeper to the void instead of destroying it would make this less attractive (but might be exploitable with AC)
[close]

Regallion

Quote from: RrR on January 14, 2019, 05:25:00 PM

Spoiler
Opening and closing a gate repeatedly destroys creeper. Spilling the creeper to the void instead of destroying it would make this less attractive (but might be exploitable with AC)
[close]
As the author of the bridge script: that's not an exploit, that's 100% intended behavior.
Also, spilling it into the void creates a laundry list of problems, mainly relating to the fact that once the creeper is in the void it can spread along it as if it was ground, which results in very unfortunate side-effects. It's not super-abusable, since flow mechanics will ensure you can't set the creep level to 0.

stdout

I've searched and couldn't find the answer: how does these stargate bridges work? I'm talking about those multi-color rings that you have to flood with AC in order to rescue. What exactly do they do?

jaworeq

They put/remove ground in respective squares around the map.

stdout

I'm not sure what that means. Could you describe a situation and how it works? They can only go on a colored circle like the stoppers do.

Regallion

Quote from: stdout on January 15, 2019, 09:50:28 AM
I'm not sure what that means. Could you describe a situation and how it works? They can only go on a colored circle like the stoppers do.

The rings are stargate connectors. They are super simple: if you put one ring on a stargate of a certain color and another of a different color, then all such stargates will act as 1 color.
EX: if you put one on yellow and blue, all yellow stargates will act as if they were the blue ones.

stdout

DoomDutch

Quote from: Regallion on January 15, 2019, 04:58:40 AM
Quote from: RrR on January 14, 2019, 05:25:00 PM

Spoiler
[close]
As the author of the bridge script: that's not an exploit, that's 100% intended behavior.
Also, spilling it into the void creates a laundry list of problems, mainly relating to the fact that once the creeper is in the void it can spread along it as if it was ground, which results in very unfortunate side-effects. It's not super-abusable, since flow mechanics will ensure you can't set the creep level to 0.

How about setting a delay on the switch, only being able to use it again after x amount of seconds?

yum-forum

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Twi

I really like this one: shows off the mechanics and a fun puzzle to work through :)
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

Taishan

I made a video of this map aswell. It went well after a few attempts and I'm happy with the result. On this map you are never starved with energy and I thought that removed some of the difficulty. But optimizing is difficult in itself anyway so it doesn't really matter :P

The bridges are interesting. Looking forward to future maps with them.

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last