Custom Map #1394: Another war. By: The_Best_Bert

Started by AutoPost, June 08, 2019, 10:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1394: Another war

Author: The_Best_Bert
Size: 480x270

Desc:
A good old vanila map. With a bit of a story. Note : This is the first map I have made, so expect a few short comings.

Jim359

***********SPOILER ALERT**************
game winning strategy ahead.

Thank you for a map to play.  For a first attempt it was very nicely done.  I cant even figure out how to use the map editor, lol  (Unfortunately I'm serious, I haven't even made one map)  ::)

***********SPOILER ALERT**************
the kill switch module is to easy to get to.  All you have to do is go to either side, ignoring the middle, and you can finish under 10 minutes rather easily. I'd consider removing or better protecting to improve the map.  A few of my own thoughts...  A couple Ticon Defense guns maybe.  Make it land locked out of range of the ships.  A Cannon ship or two that stay to protect it.

The_Best_Bert

Thanks for the good feedback.
Spoiler
I do agree that the killswitch is a bit to easy. Land locking it would be a way to defend it as you suggested.
[close]
I certainly have a ways to go in map making, but with any luck i might be decent. The Ticon Defense is a great idea, will have to try it out.

Thanks again.

FOXX

Hi The_Best_Bert,

i didn't play the map but if you are interested in making more maps then this page can be handy -> https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=30085

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Kerbal Kowbell

I played your map today, it's very good for a first effort - better than the single one I added a couple of months ago.
Yet as Jim said I noted the opening also and went via the top side and could have finished it -11 minutes played on 2* speed the first couple of minutes until I built up.
You're already decent -
Perhaps it's just me, but I like maps where I have to think on how to solve a situation.
Just spamming a lot of particles is not a good challenge.
Just an example on top of my head: Having to use a Lathe to take out one item, then fit another ship in place supported by a tanker just to be able to place the Omnies to progress - that kind of stuf.  ::)