Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #704: One Way or Another

Author: Rainfall
Size: 320x180

Desc:
Push forward

IanD

That's the kind of map I like. Doesn't have a ridiculously difficult start, and maintains a challenge all the way through instead of getting too easy towards the end.

Thanks very much!

CyberDyneSystems

GoodMorning

The particle count did cause lag. Also, the max particle speed and the respawn timer has a sensible default - the combination of changes ensured that the end was constantly bombarded with teleporting particles. Also, there is really no need for that many opposing ships.

Good map, but the mechanical issues you introduced made it more of a slog than necessary.

Edit: That said, there are good concepts here, especially in the ship/Omni combinations.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Johnny Haywire

I didn't have a huge problem with lag at 1-2x but I did at 4x.

Aside from that, this was an amazing map! The ships aren't OP but they're effective in their own way. The map isn't easy but it's also not impossible. I imagine you could rush this map, but I enjoy a good turtle shell before I go for a walk. Progress was always steady and it didn't get incredibly easier all at once like many maps.

Great map dude! 10/10 in my book!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

CyberDyneSystems

Just back to mention that this is still to this day one of my favorite maps of all time.
In fact, I was just browsing the maps I had ticked the "favorite" box on, there were only a few I'd taken the time or remembered to do this, but when I saw this map's outline on the main dial, a smile immediately came to my face. I think i've played it four or five times,.  now I think I'll have another go :)