Main Menu

Import MAPS!

Started by archn, February 06, 2010, 09:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archn

I'd like to be able to import a whole folder of maps instead of selecting 1 by 1.  Dumb idea or too much work or is it a fair suggestion?

knucracker

Welp... good news (sorta).  You can do this already if you don't mind putting the maps in the right directory yourself.

On windows XP:
"c:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\CreeperWorld\customgames"

On windows 7:
"c:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\CreeperWorld\customgames"

Put whatever cwm files you want in that directory and they will appear in the game.  When you import a game all I do is copy the file to that directory (and give it a 'random' name to ensure it doesn't overwrite anything that is there).

UpperKEES

Ah, great! I was wondering the same thing.  :)

My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

archn

corgano

Why not use @gamedir&"/maps" instead? this would be a lot more useful

Karsten75

Quote from: virgilw on February 06, 2010, 11:25:45 AM
Welp... good news (sorta).  You can do this already if you don't mind putting the maps in the right directory yourself.

On windows XP:
"c:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\CreeperWorld\customgames"

On windows 7:
"c:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\CreeperWorld\customgames"

Put whatever cwm files you want in that directory and they will appear in the game.  When you import a game all I do is copy the file to that directory (and give it a 'random' name to ensure it doesn't overwrite anything that is there).

You can simplify the path and resolve all the ambiguities of the different windows releases by defining the path as:

%appdata%\CreeperWorld\customgames

Anyone can type that into any Windows address bar.

Chrisles

I'm new to the game and just completed the story mode.  Looking for something else to do in the game (after playing some conquest maps) I downloaded the 1000 map pack.

Having no idea how to install all the maps once (since I can't figure out how to do ingame) I went as far as searching my entire computer (via windows 7 search though) by the name of a custom map I just installed (to see if I could find the folder at least).  That didn't work so I came to the forums.

I had to really search for this post though to find out how to install the maps.  I was about to ask the question myself and thank you for answering it.

Might I make a suggestion and put this information in a FAQ or some sticky post.  Or maybe Kamron3 would be so kind and edit his sticky post on 1000 map download informing how to do this.

Thank you again for the information ^^

UpperKEES

Welcome to the forums!

You'll find a lot more useful info here, so keep reading! :)

Anther Cube

I do not see where to post maps in Vista, can someone help me out?  Thanks

Echo51

Try what karsten said, otherwise something like appdata/creeperworld/customgames
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Karsten75

Quote from: Anther Cube on June 11, 2010, 01:00:34 AM
I do not see where to post maps in Vista, can someone help me out?  Thanks

When you say "Post maps" do you mean "upload maps to knucklecracker server" or something else?

Anther Cube

I meant where do I download them onto my computer.

Karsten75

At the top of this page, it says "Try some Custom maps!".  Alternatively, from the game, in the Custom Maps, section, click on the "Get more maps" button.

Click there, then you will get the page with all custom maps.

Click on any map to get you more details on that map and to download it. Download it to any place on your computer. Then in the game, again in the Custom maps section, click on the "Import game" and point to where you saved the download.

L'ythelle

It might help to add that when you are in the map detail screen, you have to click the thumbnail of the map to download it.

The first time I tried to download, I was looking for a line of text that said something like: "To download this map click here." I'm pretty sure I discovered the secret by accident.

UpperKEES

Isn't there a link at the map detail page above the thumbnail saying: "DOWNLOAD"?