creeper world magazine

Started by Aurzel, February 02, 2010, 01:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurzel

anyone like the idea?
i'm only talking about a few pages, probably 6 or 7 tops but you never know, we could have different articles about strategies and maps and about the background of cw and we can use deathy's map of the week poll, or make a map of the month poll, which we could write a feature about, it'd be a great group effort and it'd be really awesome if we could pull it off, and with the expansion pack in production we'd have no shortage of content,
we'd need a lot of people to get it down: design, graphics, articles, writers, pics, editting
a lot of different areas for different people to express their creative side, what do you say guys?

knucracker

Aurzel

cool, what do you think of the idea virgil? and i'm suprised no one has posted in here yet

knucracker

If anybody is interested, I'd say have a go.  It would probably make sense just to make an issue out of cool screen shots, or victory screens.  This  doesn't require any more than for people to submit screenshots, and for an editor to select the top 20+ for an issue.

SPIFFEN

This could be very nice =)
Why not try it and see how it goes =)
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Aurzel

i was thinking more of maybe an article on a good strategy and maybe one about a popular custom map as well as a hard story mode map, maybe someone can write something about the creeper world fluff and someone else can pick a building or turret and write something about that, there's many different possibilities and yes a generous helping of screenies depicting various good stuff

need volunteers though, start writing and taking pics lol

Biglulu

I have a few of pics of owning Loki without thor and of blasting 100 spores at once with SAMs.

Aurzel

yeah we need articles before we can consider pics though

UpperKEES

I would definitely read it. However, the average internet surfer has an attention span of about 10 seconds and most people don't bother reading too much (as you can see on this forum, where you can find the same questions over and over). Pictures / screenshots draw the attention quickly; I presume this is the reason of Virgil's suggestion. It's also easier to supply new content after a few months, when the most interesting articles have already been written. Not that I wouldn't read these articles (for me this would be the main reason to visit this site), but the average player is probably not as dedicated to CW (yet) as the moderators, beta-testers and die-hards around here. So what I actually want to say is: make sure you know what people you're aiming for.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Aurzel

i didnt say there woulnt be pics, there definately would be, but i'd like there to at least be some sort of theme to go alone with the articles are at least for some to be related in some way, and btw anyone can participate, if you want to write something just write it and send it to me, i'll save it and sort it with any others that come in so don't be shy, everyone can help