Strategic Missile Launcher (SML) v1.6.2

Vertu · 1235

Vertu

Strategic Missile Launcher (SML) v1.6.2
on: July 20, 2021, 12:42:06 am
The first of my units to be graduated into the forums.
The Strategic Missile Launcher is designed to be a conversion of investment into firepower/tactical missile launch. You must invest heavily into making this super weapon and doing so carelessly can leave you staved of the requires resources.

The way this investment is expressed can be done by vaporizing Creeper or dropping massive amounts of AC. It is also designed with PlayerVsPac in mind as of now.

There are three kinds of missiles as of now:
-A standard, 1,000 ARG payload missile.
-An armored 1,000 ARG payload missile that requires  350 energy to create it's armor once 1,000 ARG is accumulated.
-A slightly armored 1,000 AC payload AC missile.

-Armored and standard have a custom explosion to them once they land.

The armored variant is slower, allowing any trailing missiles to catch up more easily but has 25x the health of the standard which is only ONE. They do the same damage but the armored variant requires energy and will draw at maximum rate. This can cause a sudden deficit if not expected.
-The AC missile has 5 HP, having some armor to it but has all the other properties of the standard SM.

There are also bugs for how the armored missile prepares, no workaround has been found so in the event the prerequisites to the bug occur, the building will self destruct. Just don't swap from armored to any other missile when it's above the standard maximum ammo.

Current version: SML V1.6.2
Uses GlobalList[97,94]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 06:39:34 pm by Vertu »

Vertu

Re: Strategic Missile Launcher (SML) V1.3.5
Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 12:31:08 pm
V1.3.5 is a major refining update. I have altered the standard explosion to be more fancy and dynamic. The explosion now has 3 radii, an outer, inner, and epicenter, each with their own amount of damage and radius relative to the master DAMAGE_DIST. The total amount of damage the missiles can do in a single area is the combination of all the additive damage references within the Epicenter_Radius. Calculating the actual damage of the ENTIRE explosion is much more complicated.
The further from the Epicenter of the explosion, the less damage but now deals more damage in the Epicenter in total (per-tile within the Epicenter) than the original standard damage.

The AC Strat Missile also has had some refining, having a blue map icon now and some other small changes to it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 12:34:06 pm by Vertu »

Vertu

Re: Strategic Missile Launcher (SML) V1.5
Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 04:11:14 pm
I just spent 7 hours of my conscience in less than 2 hours of real time trying to fix the most absurd phenomenon I have ever encountered that was causing problems when transitioning between ARG ammoWare and AC ammoWare.

V1.5 has "fixed" the ammo quantum physics of the unit. The silo will wait to obtain a single unit of ammo before conducting a very enforced refresh sequence to ENSURE Creeper World 4 the video game UNDERSTANDS YOU HAVE SWAPPED UI STATES AND AMMO TYPES AND DOES NOT DO SOMETHING FUNCKY WITH AMMO DATA!

V1.5 also is compatible with my Creeper_V_Lab using the GlobalList (it's involvement is list instance [97] for those of you who also work with the GlobalList of a mission).

(For anyone curious about why I spent 7 hours of conscience in less than 2 hours of real time and what the hell I mean by "Ammo Quantum Physics):
(click to show/hide)

Vertu

Re: Strategic Missile Launcher (SML) v1.6.2
Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 06:41:36 pm
Very. very small but somewhat important change in V1.6.2.

Removed the creation of damage mapping, this will make the Auto Targeting not compensate for other Silo's that just fired, causing missiles to fire at the same target, creating ridiculous overkill. However this will ensure Mortars and other Depth seeking units don't cease fire while waiting for the SM to clean things up. Just be sure to give manual destinations when more than 1 silo is planning to vaporize Creeper.