When is the 4RPL reference coming?

Started by Argonwolf, December 17, 2020, 06:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argonwolf

I know the game just launched and you all probably got a lot of stuff to do, so please don't see this as me pestering you, but do you know when there will be a 4RPL script reference page? The CRPL ref has done wonders, don't get me wrong. There are a lot of functions that carried over, and other new ones I've learned from the various scripted maps that ship with the game. I just get hung up in certain places where there's no information on what I'm screwing up (for instance, I don't know how to parse the list of units in-game to search for one closest to a certain point on the map, and I only recently figured out that the key/mouse input functions require a second parameter that I'm unaware of the function of.)

No rush, the game's awesome and I'm still making progress in my code, just curious to know when the API's gonna be around.

Karsten75

As soon as the workload from the general release subsides, knucracker will have sufficient bandwidth to devote to supporting 4RPL through its debut. The release will be phased in the same way that the general release of the game was phased.

The earliest players will have access to and support of 4RPL documentation will be sometime in 2021.

It really depends on how many additional bugs and issues are raised on the base game.

Argonwolf

Quote from: Karsten75 on December 17, 2020, 11:02:33 PM
As soon as the workload from the general release subsides, knucracker will have sufficient bandwidth to devote to supporting 4RPL through its debut. The release will be phased in the same way that the general release of the game was phased.

The earliest players will have access to and support of 4RPL documentation will be sometime in 2021.

It really depends on how many additional bugs and issues are raised on the base game.

Oof. Well, I'm not surprised really. The game does feel kinda early-access at this point, and I can imagine bringing things into 3D increased the workload quite a lot. It's probably missing a lot of functions outright, not just the documentation for them.

Argonwolf

Wait no I didn't mean it in a bad way. I understand that a handful of people making a game this size can only do so much so fast is all I meant. And yeah, it feels sorta beta-ish, but 90% of the Steam games I've bought have been early access, and I still left it a glowing review so I'm absolutely not making any claims to its core quality.

GoodMorning

Quote from: Argonwolf on December 18, 2020, 09:37:21 PM
I understand that a handful of people making a game this size can only do so much so fast

That's true, and there are not a handful. There is one.

So we try to offer support and keep patience, and also keep the "ooh" and "aah"s quiet enough not to be distracting.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

bluebolt

The api is available now; there may be small mistakes and new commands may be added over time.
https://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=4rpl:start
Even YOU may survive an apocalypse! Fight back against the creeper today!