Sorrontis CW4 Maps, Scripts, and Other Things

Started by Sorrontis, December 01, 2020, 01:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorrontis

More to Come Soon (tm)

Current Map Listing:

Recorder Videos for Non-Sorrontis Maps
If you'd like to see a playthrough of a map not included below, feel free to request it.
Missions

[close]

Span

[close]

Colonies

[close]
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Sorrontis

A fool once asked me to tell the tale of Sorrontis... What changed to turn you into ... whatever it is you became? They asked. And I obliged.

Ah, you inquire about me? Are you sure you are ready to hear this tale? So be it!

It all starts in that dreary year, 198x, when the wife of a common soldier delivers his third child, deep in the northern town of Redacted, Redacted, Canada. This child is born special, so special they say that he did not take a breath. *It was a sign.* But they did not know it. Not yet.

Years passed. The child grew ... normal. Well, until that day. The day it all changed for that family.

On the 4th day of the 3rd summer month during his 13th year of life, the child went missing.  Not missing as if lost, no, abducted. The beings that seized that child poked and prodded his brain, for what seemed an eternity. He was later returned to his home otherwise unharmed. The next day, the child started exhibiting signs of heightened cognition. Yes, that is right, games of tactics were child's play. He could rival the powers of the old masters of chess, checkers, GO, and even TIC. TAC. TOE. Soon, he had a sudden urge to leave home, in search for challenge. But that is not what he found.

For years, he traveled the land, alone and rejected by his peers. None would challenge him. None would dare. The isolation took a toll on the child's mind. He started to talk to the animals around him, and eventually the trees. Deeper into his own mind the child went, slowly losing himself. To those regarding him with sneer and held noses, he was another failed child. But some were watching, waiting for him to awaken.

On an unknown day, of an unknown year, the child sat in front of an ancient spruce. The child spoke, whined, and then cried. The tree was unmoved. It cared not for the snotty nose of children. It did, however, listen. It stood there listening, listening for the words of wisdom that come from those whom have lost all but their minds. And so, the child sat there, speaking to the spruce. None know how long the child sat there, or how he survived the long starvation, but in his ramblings, the spruce heard a deep wisdom. From the tree, a rumble and bright light started to emerge. Many passersby witnessed the events that day. All will tell you, they only remember blinding pain and deafening silence.

However, that is not the child's experience. He saw a clear vision, a vision of respect, strength and importance. He heard the sweet soothing voice of that ancient spruce as it told him "Find the Ancient Order of Redacted".

The Ancient Order of Redacted. You know, the one even feared by the Ill◇◇◇◇◇ti, and the League of Sh◇◇◇ws. This order is not tasked with controlling human affairs, no. They have a much more important task, to protect our world from otherworldly threats. Where would the child find them? He wouldn't. They are clandestine, unsanctioned, unaffiliated.

It didn't matter. They knew of the spruce. They also listened to its words. They would soon find him. They approached the child. Testing him, epiphany overtook them. He was no mere soldier, or paper pusher. The child's tactical prowess would be used to serve humanity. It could even save us all. They placed the child into a nondescript facility. There, the child was then trained on multiple tactical platforms, including the Robot Apocalypse simulation "T◇◇◇l Ann◇◇◇◇ation", and the multiple-alien invasion model "St◇◇ C◇◇ft".   

These simulations were no match for him. And then, the simulation genius code-named Knuknu, introduced the most feared extraterrestrial being, the grey-goo. Of course, the initial simulations were simple and easily pushed backed.

However, the master Knuknu challenged the child, now a young man. How would you imagine this threat? It has no master, no emotion, no needs or wants. It simply destroys. How, how would you child, defeat this threat?

Yes, how would the child beat the ineffable? Through sheer force? Exquisite tactics? NO! Only utter madness would suffice.

For years, the child has labored endlessly, using the tools of the predictive master Knuknu. Not only to create a simulation of pure madness, but to beat it. Yes. He must defeat that madness with his mind alone. He must be the only the only one to achieve this. Not through trickery, but sheer psychological force. Only then will he be promoted to a Grand Tactician of the Order, rightfully taking his seat among the ageless elders, joining his father, whom had been watching with the keenest interest.

You see, I never turned into anything. I was destined to be this way.

Spoiler
Please understand, some of the facts in this tale have been modified to preserve my anonymity – but are truly, truly, the complete truth. Yes.
[close]
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

sky_killer

In 23 hours, your tactical prowess shall be matched against the champions of the realm.

I cant wait for it to be released.

Sorrontis

Scripts I use, or plan to use in future maps:

Custom Targeting Egg

Courtesy of WithersChat (Discord)
<-SpawnPos TableN("payload" 1000 "velocity" v3(0 2 0) 2) CreateEgg TableN("moveto" <-Target "showpathline" true "showpathlinecolor" v4(1 0 0 1) 3) SetEggOrbData
[close]