Inconsistent crash from destroyed units.

Vertu · 14

Vertu

Inconsistent crash from destroyed units.
on: May 27, 2022, 12:17:29 am
Sorry to be a bother again but after hours of testing, this actual crash is something I can't figure out how to solve though I believe I know the cause of it.
In the event too many V-Rods explode in a chain reaction the game crashes. I tried reducing the amount of effects created on destruction (which would cause massive lag normally) but to no benefit (consider it becoming 1/3 the amount of effects).

Now although this is what I believe to be happening there are some issues.
  • It is not caused by quantity of effects. 48+ towers detonating simultaneously is laggy but not crashing. I even removed all effects of the V-Rod and the crash still happens.
  • The crash is not specific to how many V-Rods detonate. The crash happened when 15 rods are in a 5x3 formation and only when one of the corners of the rectangle shape (preferably on a "right side" from when I replicated it else where on the map) are detonated does the crash happen. If 16 rods detonate else where on the map, no crash, even when clumped. However with enough rods in a chain reaction a crash will still occur but the quantity needed is inconsistent. A dense "sphere" of more than 15 rods does not cause crashes.

I would appreciate if the cause of this crash can be identified.
I have spent hours testing what causes  the crash and can conclude, it is inconsistent but easily replicated.

Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

GoodMorning

• Community Guild
  • (Pusillanimous)
Re: Inconsistent crash from destroyed units.
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 11:32:28 am
Code: [Select]
A crash has been intercepted by the crash handler. For call stack and other details, see the latest crash report generated in:
 * C:/Users/erykg/AppData/Local/Temp/Knuckle Cracker/Creeper World 4/Crashes

You are about to be asked for a copy of this file, if knu decides to take more time away from other things to look at this. Probably polite to be proactive about including that.

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.