Started by AutoPost, November 30, 2018, 08:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6826: SOS-2

Author: INSH
Size: 100x70

Desc:

Loren Pechtel

Different--this is the first time I've beaten one of these stargate maps with a bunch of creeper left on the screen.

Twi

The way they're put together makes me want/need to terraform a bunch more, but these two maps are both pretty good in their own right!
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

cornucanis

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on November 30, 2018, 11:04:11 AM
Different--this is the first time I've beaten one of these stargate maps with a bunch of creeper left on the screen.

I took a slightly different approach to this map..

Spoiler
I hijacked the creeper cascade at its source very early on, and made it work to my advantage instead of magnifying the creeper output.

In addition, I've noticed that since the conversion bomb factories are not disabled when the creeper overflows them you can effectively permanently activate another factory with a single conversion bomb. That means you can quickly get a nice supply of conversion bombs going.
[close]

Thanks for making the map, I really enjoyed it! I didn't have to do much terraforming using the above strategy, so it was interesting to take a different approach. My strategy on my second playthrough was completely different from my original.

Also, kudos on extracting your own template map from one of yum's maps and making your own with it, as well as going through all the steps necessary to resize the map when these scripts are in effect. I presume that's how you created this map since there hasn't been a publicly released template containing these units as far as I know. I don't even have a template with them since kajacx created the last few units  ;D

I don't know if you (the map author) even check the forums, but if you see this feel free to give us a shout in the discord, or even here on the forums! Kajacx or yum should be able to get you a template with all the latest units if you'd like, though you seem to have managed just fine without one  ;)

yum-forum

I missed this  TKB-video for my game:  :)

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

One more YouTube video of my map from dkwkrp:  :D

last

yum-forum

Fresh video of my map from PRG:  :)

The same but with 2X speed:

last

yum-forum