Custom Map #1162: [DA] P9 - The First Bunker. By: Dark Ambition

Started by AutoPost, June 10, 2018, 04:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1162: [DA] P9 - The First Bunker

Author: Dark Ambition
Size: 190x220

Desc:
Particle Fleet: Resurgence Part 9 "The First Bunker" By Dark Ambition ----- After Adalar returned from... whatever the heck that confusing mess was, he returns to his mission of finding the Master Archive and eliminating Trevor. ----- Note to self: NEVER GIVE THE ENEMY HEAVY WEAPONS EVER AGAIN. (The end mission text plays twice by the way. No idea why. Just skip the repeat.)

Dark Ambition

To: Hayden Silver [Judicator]

Greetings, Judicator.

It has come to my attention that you have recalled all Patrol forces requisitioned to fight alongside CM forces in Redacted Space. You are no doubt aware that the situation is dire with the Particulate swarming the Mojave Expanse, as well as the fact that our Legislator is currently trapped in the same region unable to reach an appropriate evac point, besieged by Particulate and currently enjoying being the target of a hunt sponsored by Frontline Corporation.

I'm certain there has been no attempt to misappropriate fleet assignments, and that you will re-assign your forces to Redacted Space as soon as you are able.

Executor Sylvester

Jellylord

Is there a DA part 10 or does DA 2 continue off from DA 1?

Dark Ambition

Quote from: Jellylord on June 25, 2019, 10:16:22 PM
Is there a DA part 10 or does DA 2 continue off from DA 1?

DA 2 (Insurgence) is technically the sequel to DA 1 (Resurgence)

This series is undergoing a major reinvention at the moment, that I started in February this year.
Had to take a break due to school, but i've graduated now and can resume.
I have half the new series complete, but I decided not to post any complete maps until the full series was done so I could post them all at once, or one after the other.
However, I have decided to split the intro mission into three much more detailed missions to act as a sort of trailer/teaser, and will be posting those three as soon as they are done.*

Edit: Look, I didn't expect Monster Hunter: World to just drop into my life like that.

Johnny Haywire

Yanno, I really do not understand why maps like this have such low ratings. This map isn't easy but the challenge isn't insane by any stretch of the imagination. Progress is pretty steady, and the lack of overpowered ships forces the player to actually think (*GASP*) of a strategy that will be effective.

What's cool about this map is that I can see how you can rush it & just target the carrier, or you can go the slow, methodical route and accomplish the task with fewer variables. The only thing that made me cringe - literally - was the "litteraly" and 2x "literaly". But I blame that on my educators who taught me that correctness in spelling is very important, and yet I've come to realize that correct spelling doesn't change the world nor bring people closer together. What's most important is being able to develop, convey & execute great plans and concepts. In my opinion this map - and so far this series - accomplishes that with room to spare.  ;)

So first of all, thanks for all your hard work in putting this series together. I know it's not easy to put all this together.
Secondly, please don't let the negative reviews frustrate you or deter you from continuing to do what you enjoy. People typically belittle what they're unable to comprehend, and I would postulate that many - if not most - of these low scores are from people whose skills are simply inadequate to complete the mission.
Thirdly, I hope you keep up the great work and continue to grow in your RL and gaming experience & wisdom. You have some cool ideas and I look forward to your future maps!

Thanks again for these maps!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Dark Ambition

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on November 06, 2021, 05:19:25 PM
Yanno, I really do not understand why maps like this have such low ratings. This map isn't easy but the challenge isn't insane by any stretch of the imagination. Progress is pretty steady, and the lack of overpowered ships forces the player to actually think (*GASP*) of a strategy that will be effective.

What's cool about this map is that I can see how you can rush it & just target the carrier, or you can go the slow, methodical route and accomplish the task with fewer variables. The only thing that made me cringe - literally - was the "litteraly" and 2x "literaly". But I blame that on my educators who taught me that correctness in spelling is very important, and yet I've come to realize that correct spelling doesn't change the world nor bring people closer together. What's most important is being able to develop, convey & execute great plans and concepts. In my opinion this map - and so far this series - accomplishes that with room to spare.  ;)

So first of all, thanks for all your hard work in putting this series together. I know it's not easy to put all this together.
Secondly, please don't let the negative reviews frustrate you or deter you from continuing to do what you enjoy. People typically belittle what they're unable to comprehend, and I would postulate that many - if not most - of these low scores are from people whose skills are simply inadequate to complete the mission.
Thirdly, I hope you keep up the great work and continue to grow in your RL and gaming experience & wisdom. You have some cool ideas and I look forward to your future maps!

Thanks again for these maps!  ;D ;D

Thank you for your kind words!

And I'm sorry that this is the end of what I have available to play for now. Since around sometime mid 2019 I started making a remastered version of Adalar's story, but decided I wouldn't release anything until I have it all done. Got, like, 7 missions in - and about as many unrelated experimental missions - before I ended up losing that data in a very stupid error. That bummed me out for a bit. And then 2020 happened. :)

Since I got my drive back, I've been working on a new story that uses almost all of my experimental ideas, and will tie directly into what will replace the three 'dream sequence' maps. My map-making style has changed a lot as well, much for the better I think that the... sigh... third-times-the-charm remaster will be made in.

I hope to have a lot more luck this time around, and I hope you have a good time as well!  ;D

Johnny Haywire

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?