[Suggetion] Custom ship data

Started by testpilot25, December 21, 2016, 04:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

testpilot25

I have idea, how to allow exchange of custom ships with customs modules.

First, we need when the ship loads from file a initilization event. This event will search init procedure, where we write instructions for custom modules in prlp.

Second, we need pictures for modules. I think we may store them in base64 string format.

I rhink this structure will work: [originalshipdata][initcodeinprlp][array:[imagemodulename-encodedimage]]

Thoughts?

GoodMorning

Virgil has stated that he will not be supplying full custom module support. However, various PRPL functions are planned to help players, and exceptionally good modules may become part of the core game.

Your idea was essentially V's alternative, and was considered carefully before being decided against.

See planetfall's thread on PRPL modules for more information, it is to be hoped that V will be streamlining this.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

testpilot25

it kinda sad. Well, maybe some ideas on code realization of this stuff may work. or not.

How about this idea:

Each custom module will have two scripts:
1) Module implementation
2) Projectile implementation

When map loads it will create two scripts banks. And in each game ticks it will process this banks, where Module and Projectile scripts loaded.