[Suggestion] Sandbox Fleets Story Mode

Started by Helios, October 20, 2016, 08:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helios

Use sandbox fleet in story mode in a more interesting way.

QuoteYou will have limited "Resource Points", or RP for short. Those points are persistent throughout the campaign.

You gain RP by completing missions. You can gain extra RP by finishing bonus objectives in missions, like "Finish mission under 15:00", "Finish mission with less than 6 ships", "Does not spend AMP gems" etc. Each mission can have their own sets of bonus objectives.

RP gains are one-time only. You can play missions again to get those objectives you missed, but won't get RP for objectives you already completed previously.

You can use your sandbox fleet in missions, with some limitations:

Limited maximum ship cost, or separated module/hull/armor cost limitations. HQ will have its own set of limitations, if HQ would become editable in the future.

Maximum ship slots, and maximum Omnis are also limited.

You can allocate RP to raise those limitations. RP can be fully refunded and reallocated.

That's all I have in mind for now. Not expecting to see this mode anytime soon, just me day dreaming :)

Three_Pryme

I'm thinking each mission of a story sandbox campaign rewards X amount of points. You can there buy use points to buy extra ship licenses.
Commanding officer in particle extermination

Steam ID:Three_Pryme

GoodMorning

Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of scripting! Here, we create scripts for every occasion.

Yes, that's right, you too can see, use and even write scripts to create whatever you desire!

I.e. We can do this with PRPL, though it will not carry between maps without shield-key analogs. It will not be possible to create a more in-depth system than your RP, but this could be made to work off hull mass, bridge cost, modules, count...

It's probably more suited to a mapmaker awarding additional schematics at mission start, possibly with a choice.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.