Custom Map #2094: You won't beat the map V. By: Tyler

Started by AutoPost, May 25, 2015, 04:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2094: You won't beat the map V

Author: Tyler
Size: 81x81

Desc:
A vanilla puzzle map again. Spore wave strength will increase exponentially so you have to be very quick... fortunately you have a nice base to start with. The actual hint is: "“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War -- #puzzle #hardcore #difficult #spore #runner #inhibitor #noCRPL

Tyler21

A further hint:
Spoiler
you have to nullify the SE emitter first. This is very important. You'll see why.
[close]
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."
― Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

Dzhankoy

Tyler, I have you beat! That was really hard, and it was required many save/load. Thanks for the map.

D0m0nik

Wow Tyler that was really difficult, had to go away, relax and come back for another attempt and finally worked it out. Really good challenge, great map!

PMouser

Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Johnny Haywire

Wow, excellent map! The timing of the spores is top-notch... keeps you focused!

I know there has to be a "trick" to this map, since AlterOld did it in under 2 minutes. I'm not smart enough to do it with finesse so I just brute forced punched through the defenses the way most everyone else did.

I'm guessing the trick involves either a terp or relays or a combination of the two but imo, the smash and destroy method is more fun  ;D

Most excellent map, Tyler! (If you're still around)  ;D ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Martin Gronsdal

very nice map!

EDIT: I tried this map again, hoping I could beat it without using any tricks. It turns out you can do this map the "normal" way,
Spoiler
killing that south east emitter, deleting everything that attracts spores, upgrading forge to max, then building lot's of beams before adding lots of reactors. Oh, and one solemn sprayer will keep bridge clean.
[close]

Johnny Haywire

Wow, yeah that was more than 3 years ago but I remember doing that same strategy on this map.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

POMie

Great map. Can't see where AO saves the 10 seconds  :)