Creeper World 3 Suggestions Initiative

Started by Mr.H, May 04, 2012, 12:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link327

Quote from: tornado on June 16, 2012, 02:04:56 AM
my idea of anti creeper through micro fits shoodhave an off buton as i might become a nusance
also the sidws of the map cold be worm holes
then creeper could come out on the same tearain level as the stuf o the othor side
this could be tied to my th1rd idea food suply
you  could grow food for the peaple to prevent defict and use it as a 4th reasours
and by using ant creeper as water you coldus ti as a weapon aswell
i mean you cold grow new materials so it also benifits siece
it cold run of sreen for such an idea to work
thin anticreper groing food the figting creeper the switching back by going of the screen

tornado
Can someone please translate this into English?
Link327

lich98

Quote from: Link327 on June 16, 2012, 04:11:20 AM
my idea of anti creeper through micro fits shoodhave an off buton as i might become a nusance
also the sidws of the map cold be worm holes
then creeper could come out on the same tearain level as the stuf o the othor side
this could be tied to my th1rd idea food suply
you  could grow food for the peaple to prevent defict and use it as a 4th reasours
and by using ant creeper as water you coldus ti as a weapon aswell
i mean you cold grow new materials so it also benifits siece
it cold run of sreen for such an idea to work
thin anticreper groing food the figting creeper the switching back by going of the screen

tornado
I just think it too completcated for what I can understand
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

J

Quote from: Link327 on June 16, 2012, 04:11:20 AM
My idea of anti creeper through micro rifts, they should have an off button as it might become a nuisance.
Also the sides of the map could be wormholes.
Then creeper could swap to the other side of the map if the terrain levels are the same.

My third idea; food suply:
You could grow food for the people to prevent deficit and use it as a 4th resource.
By using anti-creeper as water you could use it as a weapon as well.
I mean you could grow new materials so it also benifits science
It cold run of sreen for such an idea to work
Thin anticreper growing food the figting creeper the switching back by going of the screen

tornado
I'll try, see quote

2b3o4o

Quote from: tornado on June 09, 2012, 02:24:33 AM
name tornado

idea anti creeper rift

my idea is anti creeper can go through micro rifts
Anti creeper can go through micro rifts. It's kinda complex though...

• Move your mouse so the icon is directly over a maker.
  • Apply a small amount of pressure to the LEFT mouse button.
  • Move your mouse until the icon representing the coordinates of your mouse is over the cell you want to create anti creeper in.
  • Wait for the maker to arrive. Repeat step two.
  • Select produce on the menu near the bottom of your screen.
  • Congratulations! Anti creeper has been moved through a micro-rift!

tornado

not like that

also i am english you know

my idea of runing stuff off the map and to the other side is preety good
also the idea about farms is not bad
ther uses extend masvely
for one you could grow new materials for since that ay be reasitant to creeper
and you could grow food and medicinefor the pepole in the comand nodes
what if an ilnes brakes out in your crew
and food conters deafict from overwork
finily you could use anti crepre as liquid fertliser

torndo

ps:that was the readable verson

pas:[the a stands for also]you should run a spell chek on this
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

tornado

name tornado
idea stack and combine

it  works like this
you stack a unit on to another then hit the combine button
you cando this 8 times with units
but you have to use the same grade of unit as in the numbr of thimsit ha been combind

another idea would be to make a rotory dark beam
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.

tornado

name tornado
idea ds
concept a creeper world 3 based ds game
why
1 and 2 dont have multiplayer
also used in the 3 ds you could earn up to
£9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 give or take a feww peneise

note:this is thanks to my freind seb[who will join us soon]

tornado

Spoiler
also you could sell on the wii but you would need a new remote      tornado[/shadow][/glow][/s][/u][/i][/b][/tt]
[close]

tornado

tornado
idea space
loc map
desc
you could fight the creeper in space for a dramatic twist

lurkily

A couple ideas that haven't made it here from the blog, both mine.

Regarding modding - the possibility of making a copy of a unit and being able to edit its parameters, so that either a map might have a unique unit, or that the player would be able to construct units different from those in-game, for a different gaming experience.

Next, the idea of 'slope'.  Creeper in CW2 zero-gravity maps seem to behave pretty much identically to creeper in CW1 maps.  So using the CW2 code to implement gravity could be used to implement a 'slope' in a CW3 map, so that all creeper tended to flow 'downhill'.

As for the idea of food supply to avoid deficit . . . what do you think deficit is? My impression is that it's a deficit of electrical energy.  That's not something you can pour food on to make it go away.

The ideas  of growing upgrades don't seem to be much different from the game mechanics of researching upgrades.  Tornado seemed to indicate that it would happen over time, (I think?) instead of spending points instantly, but you can do the same thing with research, allocating a percentage of your research capacity to certain tasks and having them upgraded over time, instead of instantly via points.  The only real difference is a cosmetic one, in that you're calling it a farm instead of research.

Lastly . . . . Tornado, it seems like you're trying to add a lot of deep, long-term strategic concepts to CW3.  Some of them fit.  Some of them don't, really.  But more importantly, Virgil has said that he's trying to add new strategic concepts without losing the semi-casual gameplay.  Implementing a lot of these ideas would bring in critically important strategic concepts that are complex, and would very much make CW3 not a casual game at all.

2b3o4o

Quote from: lurkily on June 25, 2012, 04:38:08 PM
Regarding modding - the possibility of making a copy of a unit and being able to edit its parameters, so that either a map might have a unique unit, or that the player would be able to construct units different from those in-game, for a different gaming experience.
I assume you don't mean changes that effect all levels... Changing the way units work in individual levels would be awesome though!
Next, the idea of 'slope'.  Creeper in CW2 zero-gravity maps seem to behave pretty much identically to creeper in CW1 maps.  So using the CW2 code to implement gravity could be used to implement a 'slope' in a CW3 map, so that all creeper tended to flow 'downhill'.
If the fields system works anything at all like the cw2 one did, there isn't really any need for this at all...
Lastly . . . . Tornado, it seems like you're trying to add a lot of deep, long-term strategic concepts to CW3.  Some of them fit.  Some of them don't, really.  But more importantly, Virgil has said that he's trying to add new strategic concepts without losing the semi-casual gameplay.  Implementing a lot of these ideas would bring in critically important strategic concepts that are complex, and would very much make CW3 not a casual game at all.
^This.

J

I suggested an 'unit editor' before, but still, I think this is better (and easier to implement).
Quote from: 2b3o4o on June 25, 2012, 04:54:19 PM
If the fields system works anything at all like the cw2 one did, there isn't really any need for this at all...
There's a difference, a slope connects 2 different evelations and you can('t) build on the whole slope (instead of no buildings on one single line)

lich98

Quote from: J on June 25, 2012, 05:11:57 PM
I suggested an 'unit editor' before, but still, I think this is better (and easier to implement).

I like the idea of a unit editor. The chages on a unit would only be for that map as well.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

lurkily

No, a slope wouldn't really connect two elevations, it would be map-wide, and operate pretty much like a map-wide field.  (Much like gravity in CW2.)

It's true that this can be replicated with a field but . . . . Long story short, I think it may be as easy as flipping a switch for Virgil to include, and it will make maps with those features available to mapmakers with less experience using fields.

And anything that is good for mapmakers, is good for the community.

And yes, my suggestion for unit alterations was intended to be per-map.

knucracker

The concept of a universal force that pushes the Creeper one way or another.... that is actually already implemented.  It's a relatively simple thing to put into the CA simulation so I put it in for completeness.  I've played with it and it is pretty funky.  At best you might think of it as 'wind' that pushed the Creeper one way or the other.  I may include it so custom world authors can use it, but I don't know if I will use it in and of the standard worlds.  I may change my mind, though.