Quickest Map?

Started by davidp, August 25, 2010, 02:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sqaz

Quote from: UpperKEES on August 28, 2010, 06:46:50 AM
I doubt if there will be much difference between building 3 collectors with OC on the ground or building 2 collectors and flying OC to the last totem. On the ground you'll generate about 1.0-1.1 energy per second and it doesn't really matter if you use 10 energy for building that collector or save it for charging the last totem (as you hardly generate any energy when OC flies). I just tried finishing April 4, 3792 like that and got exactly the same score (although I think Fisherck used something like this to gain that 1 second).
Quote from: virgilw on August 25, 2010, 04:10:33 PM
So this is a 3 collector map...  Makes me wonder if there is a 2 collector map or any map quicker than this...

It's just to say we've already found a two collector map, so now the only thing left to find is an even quicker map.

Karsten75

Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2010, 06:51:03 AM
It's just to say we've already found a two collector map, so now the only thing left to find is an even quicker map.

I don't think a "two collector and one SAM" map is equivalent to a "two collector" map.  Do you?

In the context of the original posting there were only three collectors needed. Thus the next step was to find something with fewer collectors (less energy overall).  Since a SAM uses 20 energy to build, I do not think that qualifies your map. The quest for the Holy Grail is still on.

Sqaz

Quote from: Karsten75 on August 28, 2010, 09:10:44 AM
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2010, 06:51:03 AM

I don't think a "two collector and one SAM" map is equivalent to a "two collector" map.  Do you?

In the context of the original posting there were only three collectors needed. Thus the next step was to find something with fewer collectors (less energy overall).  Since a SAM uses 20 energy to build, I do not think that qualifies your map. The quest for the Holy Grail is still on.

I was actually talking about the first map of this thread, as that is finishable with only OC and two collectors, even though it takes longer than beating it with three collectors.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2010, 09:21:51 AM
I was actually talking about the first map of this thread, as that is finishable with only OC and two collectors, even though it takes longer than beating it with three collectors.

Yep, building 2 or 3 collectors was (exactly) just as fast for me. I'm still wondering how many Fisherck built....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

I built three, it is just managing everything at exactly the right time (like each collector and totem) that gave that extra second off. After I got 58, I played it again and could not get 58 again :P. It is a very small margin.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

19wolf

March 17, 7095. I got 1:23, can anyone do better?

UpperKEES

My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

RandyTravis

Another Fools Mate: April 19th, 3268

9787 - 1:18

Fisherck

Just found this one: August 21 6412

9795 1 min 15 sec

I got as low as 1:15, and could of gotten lower, except the terrain is too restrictive. Maybe someone else might have better luck.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.