#776 Artic Frontier

Started by Helper, January 20, 2014, 02:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helper

I might be having a brain cramp, but should there be at least one score before a game shows up in the queue?
(Arctic).

H

teknotiss

i was just looking for a place to post a query on this topic.
i seem to be getting no scores for a few maps
CreeperIsthmus
Artic Frontier
Navigational Hazards
Reach out - touch it
only noticed it in the last half hour, new build bug perhaps?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

"new build bug perhaps?"

I just looked at DMD for the first time since upgrading to 1.63 - I'll try a couple of the games you listed and see what happens.

Grauniad

some older maps have missing scores. Virgil will probably look into it at the first opportunity.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

teknotiss

Quote from: Grauniad on January 20, 2014, 03:41:13 PM
some older maps have missing scores. Virgil will probably look into it at the first opportunity.
these are newer(ish) maps, some from this build i think
anyone else getting this?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

FWIW - I just played #778 CreeperIsthmus and now all of the scores are showing up.
Maybe something was requiring a current score?

knucracker

It is working now because I've just been messing with it :)
The problem is a result of good but unintended consequences.  Such are the ways of developers.

The other day I fixed an issue with score posting that allowed unicode characters to make it into map titles.  This was to fix an issue with colonial space.  In so doing I guess I also made it so that unicode characters could be used in user names.  Problem is, the code that returns scores returns an XML document.  This document is constructed from data queried from the DB.  I of course have to escape each field that goes into the XML.

Well one of the escaping routines didn't like the ö in ölk (one of the player names on the maps everyone has been identifying).  It was turning it into  Ö because it was being escaped to html.

I've made it so that things are working for now, but ö is still getting messed up somehow.  It is coming across and the game is handling it, but it isn't displaying properly.  Probably has to do with that char not being in the font I use, etc.

teknotiss

Quote from: virgilw on January 20, 2014, 04:43:01 PM
It is working now because I've just been messing with it :)
The problem is a result of good but unintended consequences.  Such are the ways of developers.

The other day I fixed an issue with score posting that allowed unicode characters to make it into map titles.  This was to fix an issue with colonial space.  In so doing I guess I also made it so that unicode characters could be used in user names.  Problem is, the code that returns scores returns an XML document.  This document is constructed from data queried from the DB.  I of course have to escape each field that goes into the XML.

Well one of the escaping routines didn't like the ö in ölk (one of the player names on the maps everyone has been identifying).  It was turning it into  Ö because it was being escaped to html.

I've made it so that things are working for now, but ö is still getting messed up somehow.  It is coming across and the game is handling it, but it isn't displaying properly.  Probably has to do with that char not being in the font I use, etc.

wow all that because of an umlaut? ??? and i now have another reason to be glad i quit coding ::)

Cavemaniac

This all came about because different languages use different characters in their written languages.

When I'm emperor of the universe, I will compel all of my subjects to adopt a uniform written language.

Right now I'm toying with sanscrit.

No need to rush to a decision now though - I've got weeks and weeks...

😉
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.