"The Easiest Map"

Started by jackmott, October 14, 2013, 05:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackmott

Ball is back in your court Bovius!
I feel like I may be close to the fastest possible time at this point. Would love to see how the other fast times are doing it.

Bovius

[growls]

Several configurations later and I still manage to come in just a couple of seconds after you. Tomorrow I'll go back and give it another go. :) Fun!

Bovius

Oh ho! Barely edged out at last. You set a hard bar to beat.

One might be able to shave a tenth or two off of that - maybe - but I highly doubt 1:45.0 is possible.

jackmott

Well done!
What is your approach?

I built a few collectors, then relays to emitters 1 and 2

then used a guppy for emitter 3

Quote from: Bovius on October 15, 2013, 09:47:16 PM
Oh ho! Barely edged out at last. You set a hard bar to beat.

One might be able to shave a tenth or two off of that - maybe - but I highly doubt 1:45.0 is possible.

Bovius

Quote from: jackmott on October 16, 2013, 10:52:28 AM

Yep, that's my strategy as well. I start the guppy right at the beginning, and build as many collectors as I can without starving it; made it to 6 on my best run, 4 in the starting circle and 2 going off to the right. Once the guppy is fueling, I switch to one relay at a time and hope that I got enough packet income to sustain the relay chain and the guppy without either starving. As soon as the guppy is done, I send it over to #3, turn off resupply for its landing pad, and put resources into finishing out the relay chain and a few more collectors.

I ended up with 1:46.0 twice, so that may be the fastest you can get a guppy out there. The last run was very satisfying, with all three nullifiers going off almost simultaneously.

jackmott

heh, amazing we came up with the exact approach. I'll grant you victory on this, well done.

Quote from: Bovius on October 16, 2013, 01:34:37 PM
Quote from: jackmott on October 16, 2013, 10:52:28 AM

Yep, that's my strategy as well. I start the guppy right at the beginning, and build as many collectors as I can without starving it; made it to 6 on my best run, 4 in the starting circle and 2 going off to the right. Once the guppy is fueling, I switch to one relay at a time and hope that I got enough packet income to sustain the relay chain and the guppy without either starving. As soon as the guppy is done, I send it over to #3, turn off resupply for its landing pad, and put resources into finishing out the relay chain and a few more collectors.

I ended up with 1:46.0 twice, so that may be the fastest you can get a guppy out there. The last run was very satisfying, with all three nullifiers going off almost simultaneously.