CW2 Map Editor Bug

Started by JF-T, August 05, 2013, 07:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JF-T

I found out that if you load a corrupt image in the custom character option, then the map editor locks at the white screen permanently. for atleast longer than 20 minutes, which is what I've waited for.
The image is infact corrupt as i've looked at it in the thumbnails option in Windows Explorer and it has no preview, nor does it display the file size like pictures near it.

Just wanted to bring tihs to whoever's attention since I'm jsut a bit annoyed right now... about ten minutes of work on a map, gone. Sadly forgot to save :D
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

MadMag

Can you please post the image here as an attachment?

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...

JF-T

Here you go. Chars1.png. Thoguh to note, i would like to have it so then if the editor can't load an image for say... two times the usual time, or like 5 minutes, then It'll jsut give up on doing so. It doesn't and instead hangs, possibly for an indefinite period or something jsut really too long.

Ultimately jsut wanted to bring it up/to the attention of anyone who can possibly help. I didn't make it myself, jsut got a picture from a topc about custom character images.  :D
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

knucracker

That isn't a png, it's a psd file.  Change the extension to psd and you can open it in photoshop (or gimp probably) then save as a png.  I've attached the actual png version of the file here.

Grauniad

I have searched all over for the original file here. Can you please link me to the thread/topic where you downloaded that "corrupted" file from? I'll edit the topic and replace it with the "good" image Virgil provided here.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon