Bug if you beat Loki the wrong way... (WARINING: Spoilers!)

Started by Aquillion, November 13, 2009, 12:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aquillion

If you beat Loki (that is, power up its totems) without building Thor, the game sort of stops once the black hole appears and the captain announces that he's going to fly Thor into it.  The black hole remains there,  you can continue to build stuff (although all your old stuff got sucked in, of course), there's no creeper, and apparently no way to finish the level.  If you build Thor at that point, it gets you the messages from the (now-gone) Creeper that I assume you're supposed to get if you build it earlier, along with a wave of spores -- but while you can fly Thor around, you can't fly it into the black hole, and it isn't flown in automatically or anything like I assume was supposed to happen if I'd built it earlier.

(Beating Loki without building Thor isn't terribly difficult, either -- you just have to use Drones to bomb the left side of the field where the Creeper accumulates, plus a whole lot of generators and a steadily-advancing line of blasters + mortars.)

knucracker

Yes.....
I noticed this just the other day.
I plan to address this in an update.  I think this might be a good opportunity for an alternate ending.....

korin43

This have been fixed in the specific case of defeating the creeper without ever building Thor, but it's still there if you build Thor, destroy it, then defeat the creeper.

EDIT: I'm actually on an older version (0346) so this may have been fixed. The updater doesn't seem to work on Linux/wine so I'll have to check on Windows when I have time.

EDIT2: I figured out how to update, and this is definitely there in the current version.

Karsten75

Wow. That's what I'd call an edge case.

So you build a Thor, then destroy it and win "old skool?"  I somehow don't think that is going to get fixed. Is there a specific reason you did this that would make this scenario relevant to players at large?

Echo51

It worked fine for me, beat map without ever building thor, and just got the ending as normally. Update your game :)
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Sqaz

He's talking about first building Thor and than destroying it, Virgil probably didn't thought that people would do this.

Echo51

Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

UpperKEES

Quote from: korin43 on October 24, 2010, 05:13:03 PM
This have been fixed in the specific case of defeating the creeper without ever building Thor, but it's still there if you build Thor, destroy it, then defeat the creeper.

EDIT: I'm actually on an older version (0346) so this may have been fixed. The updater doesn't seem to work on Linux/wine so I'll have to check on Windows when I have time.

EDIT2: I figured out how to update, and this is definitely there in the current version.

This is more like the bug described here. As far as I know this indeed hasn't been fixed, probably because Virgil didn't find it very important.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

korin43

Yeah, I realize it's not important, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to report it.

And the reason I found it is that I was planning to beat the last level without Thor and forgot and accidentally built it, remembered I didn't need it and destroyed it, then beat the level the hard way.