Is busizhe a hacker?

Started by Asbestos, October 18, 2016, 11:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorrontis

Quote from: yum-forum on October 24, 2016, 07:07:09 PM
My proposal that busizhe is new name (in PF game) of ea3401 or AlterOld.  ;)

I doubt it's AlterOld. He would have said something by now ;)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

jaworeq

Well, it must be some hax, I noticed somewhere sub 3 minutes on map with like 8 strong emitters and next lowest time of 30min+. It's like his times boil down to just run around and lathe all the emitters - like there's no particles at all.

ljw1004

What I'd love is for the game to record (1) it's starting random number seed, (2) the exact time + location of every click. The result once compressed would not be a large file - I'd guess about 100kb tops. But it'd be enough to re-create your exact playthrough.

When you click "submit" then this recording should be submitted to the server.

I would LOVE to watch replays of how other people played. It'd be so much fun. And, as a side-bonus, it'd eliminate the problem of fake best times.

Sorrontis

Quote from: ljw1004 on October 25, 2016, 11:32:57 AM
What I'd love is for the game to record (1) it's starting random number seed, (2) the exact time + location of every click. The result once compressed would not be a large file - I'd guess about 100kb tops. But it'd be enough to re-create your exact playthrough.

When you click "submit" then this recording should be submitted to the server.

I would LOVE to watch replays of how other people played. It'd be so much fun. And, as a side-bonus, it'd eliminate the problem of fake best times.
I'm sure that would be easily faked though :)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

It has been considered for earlier CW games, but soon people will want to be able to reverse it, which cannot be easily done.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

ShadeOfRed

My issue, is that I've seen a few maps, that the times make no sense compared to the actual time it takes to lathe individual objects.  It takes about 22.2 seconds to lathe something, and then there are enough objects to be lathed, that the time plus travel time from one point to another...it doesn't seem to make sense. 

Yeah.  I'd love to be wrong honestly.  But...I'd need to see how it is accomplished.

Sorrontis

Quote from: ShadeOfRed on October 29, 2016, 11:21:19 AM
My issue, is that I've seen a few maps, that the times make no sense compared to the actual time it takes to lathe individual objects.  It takes about 22.2 seconds to lathe something, and then there are enough objects to be lathed, that the time plus travel time from one point to another...it doesn't seem to make sense. 

Yeah.  I'd love to be wrong honestly.  But...I'd need to see how it is accomplished.

If you have multiple lathes, that time drops quickly. So, you have to take the lathe build time into account.

Blue Dwarf

I was well pleased to find a legitimate way to actually beat busizhe's time on one particular map. Always fun to beat a cheater.

Edit: Sorry to bump a mildly old and controversial thread, I've just always seen busizhe times and they always annoyed me, then I finally beat one so I wanted to see if there was mention of him at all on the forums. It's nice to know that he isn't just a phantom haunting my game specifically, as last time I checked there was no mention of him at all.

Probaly true, maybe busizhe's a hacker.

Sorrontis

Those times however, are only 2 to 4 minutes faster than the next score. That's not proof. On other maps, its more pronounced (~15 minutes better).

strigvir

If he was a hacker, why not go all the way and have ~10 seconds completion times, akin to CW3? I assume he found some technical bug which allows lathing right off the bat and just didn't report it.

Sorrontis

Quote from: strigvir on November 21, 2016, 11:02:13 PM
If he was a hacker, why not go all the way and have ~10 seconds completion times, akin to CW3? I assume he found some technical bug which allows lathing right off the bat and just didn't report it.

I was thinking it was something of the sort. Or maybe he found a way to disable particulate production, so he's uncontested. Although, it must be said, bug exploitation is cheating isn't it?

GoodMorning

Scores are meaningful iff we all play by the same rulebook.

Custom fleets stretch this, but it's still a level (though expansive) field. Custom modules (if allowed in custom fleets) will break it entirely.

So a bug may or may not be cheating, but using it invalidates the score for the purposes of comparison.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

Though I cannot say for sure whether or not he's a hacker or if he's exploiting a bug or whatever, but through searching my own maps' scores (several do have him completing incredibly fast) I found a score from him on my map Siege that seems quite reasonable.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

D0m0nik

Map 353 is a good one to look at. I have tested a number of maps and his times are generaly what is needed to collect all pick ups and take out the emitters without any particles.

What is strange though is that his early times were very normal. If I did 10 mins he would do 15-20 then over night he started posting 4-6 mins to my 10.

I just wish he would post a video like Alter Old when accused of cheating, it would be incredible if Busizhe stepped up and showed us who's boss!