Annoying lines appear when I play cw1 now.

Started by Ebon Heart, June 03, 2011, 09:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

These stupid lines keep showing up now whenever I play creeper world 1... why? They assault every OCD fiber of my being! Does anyone know how to get rid of them? btw, if anyone's wondering about the dramatic title... it's cw1 gameplay discussion, you wouldn't be reading this otherwise.
EDIT: changed title since this topic is now under suggestions.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

crazyone76

reinstal?
stalk virgil?
reinstal?
uninstal?
cry?
beg?
smash your pc?
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CJY101

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on June 03, 2011, 09:15:22 PM
These stupid lines keep showing up now whenever I play creeper world 1... why? They assault every OCD fiber of my being! Does anyone know how to get rid of them? btw, if anyone's wondering about the dramatic title... it's cw1 gameplay discussion, you wouldn't be reading this otherwise.

I guess.
Because you have updated version of adobe air.
Will lead to this problem.
( If the translation is not good, don't care, please ) ; My custom maps: 101 mission

UpperKEES

it's cw1 gameplay discussion

You could have posted in the appropriate board, called Support.

you wouldn't be reading this otherwise.

Ever noticed this functionality?

Quote from: CJY101 on June 04, 2011, 04:39:30 AM
Because you have updated version of adobe air.
Will lead to this problem.

Hmmm, that isn't good news. Is this your own experience, or did you read something at the Adobe forums?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

CJY101

Quote from: CJY101 on June 04, 2011, 04:39:30 AM
Hmmm, that isn't good news. Is this your own experience, or did you read something at the Adobe forums?

My idea is.
This problem did not happen.
(so the game itself is not a problem.)
Only install the adobe air will affect the game.
This is necessary to install is not it?

Reasonable guess   ???
Adobe air update causes problems.
( If the translation is not good, don't care, please ) ; My custom maps: 101 mission

UpperKEES

Quote from: CJY101 on June 04, 2011, 08:30:18 AM
Only install the adobe air will affect the game.
This is necessary to install is not it?

Adobe AIR itself is necessary, but you don't particularly need the latest update.

Quote from: CJY101 on June 04, 2011, 08:30:18 AM
This problem did not happen.

You mean it didn't happen before you installed the latest Adobe AIR update? So it works fine with the version of Adobe AIR that comes with CW1?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Ebon Heart

I'm not sure.... is there a way to revert back to the last version of Adobe AIR? it does sound like that's the problem... and yes, this is my game. And it's slowly stealing my sanity. Also, I suppose this should have been in support.

knucracker

What OS are you on?  And did you only start seeing this after an upgrade of adobe air?  It appears to be a bitmap rendering problem that isn't affecting anything other that just the bitmaps.  If this is the case, you might also see the lines in other parts of the user interface (like the chronom maps, or maybe even the main menu background?)

CJY101

I do not understand , sorry.

My English is not good enough.

I went to try to update Adobe AIR 2.6
(creeper world 2 demo, Use Adobe AIR 2.6)

Lead lines appear.

Only on maps and map editor appears.

use windows xp

Ebon Heart

It's only on the terrain of maps... not on units, or the menu. But any map, I get those lines. And I think it was Adobe Air... but I just downgraded Adobe Air and they didn't go away.

knucracker

When did you first notice these lines?  I'm trying to correlate their appearance with something that changed.

I just tried CW1 under AIR 1.5.3 and air 2.6.0 on windows XP but don't see any lines.  I assume that you see these lines when running in a window and full screen?

ontheworld

I have adobe 2.6, using windows XP, and don't get them. It must be something else...

knucracker

It could be some weird interaction between certain graphics cards/ drivers and recent AIR releases.  They have been adding acceleration support, so this could have something to do with it.  Maybe making sure that the graphics drivers are up to date would resolve the issue.

Ebon Heart

I have no idea, I've tried downgrading adobe air, window size has no effect on it... and I'd try re-installing cw1, but it appears as though I've lost my key.... I still have my cw2 key though. odd.

knucracker

When you uninstall and reinstall CW (1 or 2) your gameData.dat and your key remain in place and don't get uninstalled.  If you switched users or something like that, you could appear to lose access to the key.

You can mail me with any purchase info you used (like your email address) and I can look up your key and send it to you.