custom map submitting

Started by ShadowDragon7015, December 14, 2012, 12:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowDragon7015

In CW3 when people send in maps could it please be made possible to send multiple at once?
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

Grauniad

You may currently upload 5 maps. Exactly what is it that you ask for?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

J

I think he asks for an option (in CW3) to upload multiple maps at once instead of one-by-one.

ShadowDragon7015

That is exactly what i was asking for J. because i know right now there is yum234 uploading multiple maps at about same time when they submit them but yum234 has to upload them individually. in the reply box where it says additional options where it says attach file if you do you can also click add another file. the add another file option is what i want for in CW3 when you submit maps.

Grauniad

In general, we prefer map makers upload a single map rather than multiples.

ShadowDragon7015

not multiples they would be able to send in 3 different maps or more at once.

lurkily

Quote from: ShadowDragon7015 on December 14, 2012, 08:07:12 PM
not multiples they would be able to send in 3 different maps or more at once.
When he says multiples, he means multiple maps.

4xC

I would agree that one map should be submitted at a time because unless submission of many maps at once is done by different players, it is quite challenging sometimes to vote on them all after completing thorough analysi on all of them in the time given, especially on multiple elaborate maps. (Trust me, one of the few moderators, on that)
C,C,C,C

Michionlion

This is as simple as allowing multiple files to be uploaded at once, and having a description window for each.  I don't really see the use for this though, because you want your map to be as unique as possible - which means not uploading a bunch at a time.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

lurkily

See, and I was all getting ready to pay chinese peasants ten cents an hour to crank out maps for me.

ShadowDragon7015

Japanese peasants are better with computers.

Chawe800

Chinese peasants subject to Japanese Peasants >.>

Can we please stay on topic :P
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

Grauniad

Note to all:

Some definitions would have it that any assumption that a person's behavior would be influenced by their racial categorization is racist, regardless of whether the action is intentionally harmful or pejorative.

From a discussion on racism.

Guess what our official policy on racism is? Actually, don't - at least not in this thread.

MadMurphy

How long does it take to upload a map?

I have never uploaded a map.

Grauniad

Quote from: MadMurphy on March 26, 2013, 09:16:28 PM
How long does it take to upload a map?

I have never uploaded a map.

Depends. The actual process of transferring a file from your computer to the KC servers should take a few minutes at most.

For CW1, the approval process is manual and usually takes no more than 24 hours.

For CW2, the approval process is automated and provided enough map moderators approve, it takes 24 hours.