Hardest map?

Started by Karsten75, August 27, 2010, 10:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katra

Okay; I beat it. One of the rare Chronom maps where moving the city isn't advantageous.

After the first round of spore I flew most of my SAMs to the lower left highland - a tactic largely intended to save critical space. (Mostly it worked; though I took a couple hits once when the spores mostly came in out of SAM range of the lower left highland.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Blaze

Dang, I've tried both of your guys strategy and I still can't beat it!

DethbyIT

Quote from: Blaze on February 20, 2011, 11:01:32 PM
Dang, I've tried both of your guys strategy and I still can't beat it!

I'm attaching a phony picture of my first couple of minutes of play.
Start with the Collectors, then build up the Reactors counter-clockwise.
You will probably need to start that Blaster after the 4th reactor, then move him out between the top and next Collector.

As soon as you have the 5th Reactor built, start on another Blaster.
From there it is building energy and Blasters as you move across the bottom and up to the center.

One Drone, one Mortar, the rest Blasters did it for me.
dbit

Mantzikert

I haven't had the chance to try some of the others on this list, but I found June 6th 3339 a little challenging.

Karsten75

Quote from: Mantzikert on March 06, 2011, 03:54:36 AM
I haven't had the chance to try some of the others on this list, but I found June 6th 3339 a little challenging.

Interesting map, but not too hard compared to some of the other maps in this thread.  Fly up to the north-east high ground near the totem and then go from there. Pretty straight-forward.

Katra

Also can be beaten by flying to the high ground directly south of OC. (You'll have to build the first collector while airborne to pick up the upgrade for landing space.)

I did get a better time moving to the Northeast corner.

Karsten75

Herr Vorragend

November 26, Year 7502

first and only cw-map i didn't manage to beat. there are no scores online for that map either. would like to know if it is actually possible to beat that one.
if anyone manages to beat that map, please record and upload a vid.

mthw2vc

Hmmm, I'd do it right now, but I have to beat the first leg of the story mode first :P

mthw2vc

Ok, I just had a go at it. Not taking your word of it being a difficult map, I took the obvious solution and claimed the high ground. As soon as you get the drone up and running, there is nothing that can stop you.
Spoiler
[close]

Katra

Tricky but possible. (I recommend not trying to build  SAMs before the first spore wave. Just build a couple extra blasters (disarmed) to cover your collectors/reactors/drone base. Pause and arm them a second or so before the spores land. (and disarm after the last spore falls.)

pasqualz

Nobody has any new hard chronom maps??? I'm curious if its possible that there's one out there that is unbeatable, but I guess nobody has found it yet! Keep searching!

Ebon Heart

I think the chronom maps were tested beyond having impossible missions.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

fractalman

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on May 24, 2011, 09:26:39 PM
I think the chronom maps were tested beyond having impossible missions.
...there are far, far too many chronom maps for them all to have been thoroughly tested. 

Ebon Heart

But the cw2 code map system is far more complicated than the chronom map system. The chronom maps can't have undigable terrain walls, or way too many drones to make them impossible. Emitter strength and spores are preset. Plus the terrain is layer out in enough of a basic pattern to make all totems accessible. All or nearly all of the chronom missions are relatively easy if you know what you're doing.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!