Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7403: new PAC

Author: Iron John Logan
Size: 250x120

Desc:
Play as Creeper

Loren Pechtel

I can kill the nearby PZ and push a bit of creeper on it but the mortar to the south keeps clearing it before I can build up enough to put digitalis on it so I can use the PZ.  What am I missing?

Update:  Really weird!  Loaded up the save game and almost instantly got enough creeper on the PZ to capture it.  From that point on it was a bit tricky but a normal PAC map.

D0m0nik

renelm

I struggled as well, just to build something on the first PZ.. using the wave-thing to 'force' creeper over the edge to kill nearby stuff helped.
The beamers on PZ to the south and east are making life a pain though and I have reached another dead end.. I can't even get to the PZ in the void close to the start point as the beamers shoot down anything I fire in that direction.. even setting all PZs to creeper and trying to pusg trough one point south or east leads to a stalemate.
I guess I'm too stupid for this play style, but having spent an hour and 14 minutes gametime just to get a small corner of the map really sucks my motivation to try and finish it..

isj4

Don't worry. The third time I played this map everything went wrong. There are some places where you need a bit of luck and cunning.

Post a screenshot and we can help.
Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!

Viator

Hi. I am strugling little bit with this map. Can't fire spores offensively because of the antiair range and can't push my creeper to south or east.
Any suggestions?

Riskbreaker

Spoiler
i got that power zone you left open and pushed south with emiters
[close]

Viator

Well. I forgot the game on for couple of hours and then came back. Tried to push the creeper at the south side and they just flooded throught. So problem solved. :D

That powerzone is hard to get as it is inside the antiair area. Getting spores to hit the empty area is tricky. Only got one shot there but it didn't spread digitalis enough. After that couldn't hit anymore empty areas in that area.

Riskbreaker

Quote from: Viator on August 06, 2020, 12:07:04 PM

Getting spores to hit the empty area is tricky.

this here means there is a specific action you have yet to learn, that involves digitalis and space...i'm not spoiling what though :P

Viator

Quote from: Riskbreaker on August 06, 2020, 12:19:42 PM
this here means there is a specific action you have yet to learn, that involves digitalis and space...i'm not spoiling what though :P

Do you mean spreading digitalis into empty space? I do that, even in my screenshot. :)
What I meant with tricky is getting spore to hit empty space that is at the edge of antiair area. For example that powercircle that is halfly under digitalis. In order to get it, I need spore to hit the empty space next to it so I can spread digitalis there. But it is also edge of the antiair area and the spores get shot just before hitting there.

But I managed to complete the map. Fun map style, sometimes just gets stuck in a spot where later on you suddenly manage to flood through.

Riskbreaker

well, i didnt mean spreading digitalis into void using spores

there is something you can do with digitalis, on void, to spread more digitalis on void...without spores

Viator

I actually noticed that happening accidentally in another similar map. But couldn't do it again there or in this map. Been trying to hit all keys and painting madly digitalis brush on the space, without success. :D

Couldn't figure it out from instructions either. I would be grateful if you would spoil this secret to me. :)

Riskbreaker

Quote from: Viator on August 06, 2020, 03:53:04 PM
I actually noticed that happening accidentally in another similar map. But couldn't do it again there or in this map. Been trying to hit all keys and painting madly digitalis brush on the space, without success. :D

Couldn't figure it out from instructions either. I would be grateful if you would spoil this secret to me. :)

ok, if you have digitalis filled with creeper on space, and remove the digitalis, what happens to the creeper?

not really a secret though

Viator