Stronger collectors , or add another collector ?

Started by SPIFFEN, January 16, 2010, 09:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPIFFEN

Collectors can be upgraded to expand their power range , and range to next collector by 1 .
Or an new collector for this , and this should cost more so it's better for some maps .

And maybe be abel to dig down the collector ,
so you can put an tower over it ( that also cost more ) .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

TheBuilder

Cool idea, that would help with maps that have little spaceto build on.
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

Aurzel

and would lessen the effects of space management that make some maps hard, i'll bet that's why he gave that idea

NoobSauce

You can just replace some of them with reactors.  Problem solved, you now get more energy in less space.  and everyone knows less space = more buildings, including turrets.
BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

SPIFFEN

Well it could be nice to build reactors over the collectors to get some power bonus ,
or somthing like that .
But ofcourse expensive and long time making it .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

crazy20164

Did you know you can stack buildings in map editor. You can make like many collectors on top of each other but that wont do anything.

Aurzel

i think most if not everyone here knows that and a number of maps already make use of that

Commander Strife

something like that would have to have a drawback, like +10 energy per upgrade or only having a certain amout of them like ten to a map.
We Are Endless...
Light will collapse beside Evil...
With Our Approach...
All Will Fall...

Katra

I'd love to have an improved collector that ignores differences in elevation.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

betadata

a tower collector would be good it could use different elevations and connect over crazonium walls.

Siccles

adding 43544543534 gimmick rules (like xxx may connect over crazonium walls or yyy may collect energy over several heights) will not make creeper world a better game. One of the reasons why its so great it that it is simple to understand and at the same time it got a high strategic depth.

Karsten75

Quote from: Siccles on February 09, 2010, 03:54:42 PM
adding 43544543534 gimmick rules (like xxx may connect over crazonium walls or yyy may collect energy over several heights) will not make creeper world a better game. One of the reasons why its so great it that it is simple to understand and at the same time it got a high strategic depth.

Exactly. What's the point of inventing crazonium walls that cannot decay and cannot be penetrated and then inventing a tower that can penetrate them? SHould Virgil then invent another type of wall that cannot be penetrated by that tower?

Aurzel

yep, and then invent a raised blaster that can fire over every elevation and every wall, thus removing that problem too