Custom Map: Perfect Tsunami

Started by AutoPost, April 19, 2010, 08:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Perfect Tsunami

Author: jmaps

Desc:
WARNING: A tsunami arrives shortly and you have nothing to defend! Try this map and you see how to do. The tsunami arrives a you see that... Mayby you have seen a movie of a tsunami and you know it.

UpperKEES

I hope you don't mind that I didn't wait for the tsunami.... ;)

I've also attempted to create a kind of wave effect (a map that will be released next week), which is a pretty hard thing to do, as the creeper is relatively slow. Maybe bad for the map makers, but good for the players. I'm glad I'm both! :D
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 06, 2010, 10:24:13 PM
I hope you don't mind that I didn't wait for the tsunami.... ;)

I've also attempted to create a kind of wave effect (a map that will be released next week), which is a pretty hard thing to do, as the creeper is relatively slow. Maybe bad for the map makers, but good for the players. I'm glad I'm both! :D

Tsunamis are slow waves but they are unstoppable, due to the volume of water contained in them. So I guess you were right not to wait for it... 

J

In the first tsunami 50-60 emitters are set on 1000 intensity. In the second tsunami (even the tsunami 3,4,5,6,7,8...) it's around 110 emitters.

UpperKEES

Yeah, but you slow them down with zero intensity emitters, right? Exactly what I did (but in a different way, as I tried to create waves that come and go). A real pain in the *** to adjust a few hundred emitters when you're not satisfied with the result, as you probably experienced yourself.... :P

J

I have used 96 zero emitters to create the waves every 10 seconds. The most zero intensity emitters are used to suck all Creeper away before the tsunami comes.

J

I have tryed to arm the totems before the tsunami comes. I got this: (see attachment 1 :D)
The blasters are saved whiteout moving back.

I have won first time after three tsunami's. (see attachment 2) (I simply have overdo it :D)

UpperKEES

I charge the middle totem with OC. ;)

UpperKEES

Quote from: jstudio on May 07, 2010, 10:38:43 AM
I have used 96 zero emitters to create the waves every 10 seconds. The most zero intensity emitters are used to suck all Creeper away before the tsunami comes.

This is my attempt to create a 'wave' map. I use the zero emitters to slow the wave down before it reaches the beach.

J

I'm trying to made a harder one. :o

J

All discriptions in one:
It uses a total of 912 emitters.
QuoteIn the first tsunami 50-60 emitters are set on 1000 intensity. In the second tsunami (even the tsunami 3,4,5,6,7,8...) it's around 110 emitters.
>50 emitters do standard work of 3 intensity.

F0R

i was capping the last totem. But my blasters were slowly eroding away. In the end i actully had the totem but at that exact second  my blasters died nice map. I nearly got a time of 4:18

ontheworld

i have a new goal: cap a tsunami!

J

I've created a new (harder) tsunami map.