i love the new lauout...

Started by teknotiss, August 01, 2019, 11:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

but i am not keen on the colours!

I have a hard time with light text on a dark background, so while i can use the old theme for now, is there a plan to have the new layout with a "reversed" colours (or maybe user chosen colours)?

if not can there be that plan?

the new layout is great, and much more in theme with the games than the old forums, but for me the contrast is too tricky!

cheers  8)

edit: and i can't spell either today lol
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Karsten75

I am sorry you're having difficulty with the color (colour) scheme of the new theme. Unfortunately, a theme is a complex set of images CSS and other layout elements. We don't actually do it, we just use an available scheme from those available from the Simple Machine Forum Website.

If you don't want to use the old themes, feel free to peruse the themes in the SMF theme catalog and if you find one to your liking, let us know and we'll see if we can import it as well.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/

teknotiss

Quote from: Karsten75 on August 02, 2019, 12:12:31 AM
I am sorry you're having difficulty with the color (colour) scheme of the new theme. Unfortunately, a theme is a complex set of images CSS and other layout elements. We don't actually do it, we just use an available scheme from those available from the Simple Machine Forum Website.

If you don't want to use the old themes, feel free to peruse the themes in the SMF theme catalog and if you find one to your liking, let us know and we'll see if we can import it as well.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/

no worries, we are all different and i know i am a bit unusual in having a hard time with light text on dark backgrounds.

i will have a poke about with those themes and see if anything stands out!

cheers dudes! 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

teknotiss

i had a look through them but i didn't really see any dark text on light backgrounds that were better than this old version really!

no worries, i will stick to the old theme.  8)