Hardest Tormented Space maps

Started by florrat, October 12, 2013, 06:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowdy

Longest I've lasted was to stay mid bottom left, and use terps to build a defendable position.  I can last through a few spore attacks, but get overrun eventually.  Someone has beaten it, with a time of over 4 hours.  looking forward to revisiting it now that I know it's beatable.  Wish whoever did it would post though.

Thanks for checking it out.

Wheatmidge

I know Florrat beat Shepiso a while ago, but that map looked fun so I just had to try it out. I managed to beat it, but that map had the most micromanagement I have had to do on a level so far. Trying to hover the orbital command between the totem and the base to charge up the forge was quite a bit of effort.

I'm curious. I was having trouble expanding to the top left even with the mass artifact until I used the singularity on the forge to pull the creeper out of the corner before using the artifact. Was that the same strategy you had to use? I think you expanded to the top left before I did so there would not have been as much creeper to fight through regardless.

orzelek

You can add S200_169 Corivela to the list.
I would put it up in the impossible section. Creeper floods only command landing around 1:30 game time.

Wheatmidge

S200_172 Azulev
There are 16 times on this map, But I think that it really deserves to make it onto the very hard list. I can't seem to crack it. Not sure how so many people have. Maybe I just missed something.

slayer

S200_158 Redstrictald
The trick is to figure out your starting position and the be VERY careful about energy usage and build order.

I was the third person to post a time, but I think many could take a run at it.

I posted a time of 1 hour 50 minutes, but I think I can lower that time substantially if I'm a little more patient.

I'll update this post if I can lower my time.

Slayer

AltyBagU

S200_178 Khanxis
Time:1:46:09.4

Yay beat one of the hardest maps in the game being the 5th person to beat itand being Number1 on the time/score

The trick on starting off is going top right of the map and trying to wall yourself in and once you do that you need to make one mortars and then soon 2 and that should hold for awhile but don't forget to make 2 Beams atleast but you will need 3 to be on the safe side. Then ofcourse build lots of reactors then advance (Slowly :/) with your lvl 10 walls to the east to get the totems. After that you should be pretty good on winning the game... just it will take some time lol

Happy creep hunting!

MnM

Quote from: orzelek on December 14, 2013, 12:18:15 PM

I tried to do Jupnale.. can't do that even with hint screen-shots - when I'm doing that I have less power then you on screens and also that 4 mortars plus cannon do not manage to defend the command center and it retreats.

I was having the same issue but I think this one is winnable.  Started the way florrat did but I retreated to the corner.

4xC

Quote from: MnM on June 27, 2014, 08:01:44 PM
Quote from: orzelek on December 14, 2013, 12:18:15 PM

I tried to do Jupnale.. can't do that even with hint screen-shots - when I'm doing that I have less power then you on screens and also that 4 mortars plus cannon do not manage to defend the command center and it retreats.

I was having the same issue but I think this one is winnable.  Started the way florrat did but I retreated to the corner.

You know, it appears there's only one thing that could make this map unwinnable: Spores. Anytime I see a map that has powerful emitters, small workable terrain, and an overdose of spores (more than 1 spore per single launch and multiple Spore Towers), I think "no way jose".

I am amazed that after 17 minutes, you still held that lower left ground with the one mortar that was away from the pack; does your strategy include an eventual Forge?

C,C,C,C

MnM

Yes I did build a forge.  I expanded back onto that section where my base started and terraformed everything in between so I put a forge in there and some more reactors.  Eventually I made my way up the right side of the map and went straight for the inhibitor.

P51mus

Quote from: Wheatmidge on January 05, 2014, 06:21:18 PM
S200_172 Azulev
There are 16 times on this map, But I think that it really deserves to make it onto the very hard list. I can't seem to crack it. Not sure how so many people have. Maybe I just missed something.

It did take quite a bit of work to get stable but definitely doable.  Have to be careful with mortar placements or they'll uselessly fire at the creeper to the north instead of the creeper at the chokepoint.

dyob99

I think Treun ( S200_149 in top right corner of tormented space) is pretty hard. I was the 8th player to submit a score :). Took me a few tries and i think i couldn't beat it if there were spore towers.

EDIT: It's an inhibitor map.

Rowdy

Quote from: florrat on December 18, 2013, 01:04:54 AM
@Rowdy: That is the largest probably-impossible map I've seen. Usually maps of that size are pretty easy. Nice find! I'm afraid I cannot help you to complete it. I can survive about 4 minutes myself, and see no way to make that time significantly longer. I didn't use any terps, though. In my 4th screenshot is my best attempt.

When you say you survived a few minutes with terp, did you survive in the same location as I did? Or further down (I had more trouble there, but I can see why terps can be useful there).

Sorry for the long delay, read through your post closer to when you sent it, and never noticed the question...  I was at the bottom of the map, just to the left from where you were.  I think I was lucky with timing/power on the run I did, never have been able to replicate it, although I could stand a few bombardments, couldn't get a foothold to push out more.

NMi

Does anyone have the strategy for the Tatbor? I just can't survive for more that 2 minutes.
I've managed to get a decent start only with enormous amounts of cheat energy. I don't have any clue about how this map is supposed to be winnable without cheating.
Maybe you have to use many Odin artifacts like AC conversion?

xoft

I'm stuck on three maps in the same sector:
S200_198 (10, 5) Culvasse (I)
S200_198 (10, 5) Erinaleiad
S200_198 (10, 5) Holmkethlet (imp?)

What bothers me quite painfully is that there seem to be people capable of finishing the Culvasse map in 25 seconds. HOW?!
I wish CW would store the gameplay replay for the highscores as well :)

Karsten75

Quote from: xoft on April 12, 2015, 04:15:17 AM

What bothers me quite painfully is that there seem to be people capable of finishing the Culvasse map in 25 seconds. HOW?!
I wish CW would store the gameplay replay for the highscores as well :)

You can usually take it that sub-46-second maps are cheat times. It takes that long to build a nullifier.

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=17076.msg121979#msg121979