PRPL Error - Log contains NullReferenceExceptions after DebugText.ClearMessages

Started by GoodMorning, November 21, 2016, 07:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

Playing through the Exchange, I have found a strange error at map #258, probably CRPL-related.

Upon issuing commands at the beginning of the map, such as movement, the appropriate UI actions occur, but nothing happens.

After unpausing:
HQ (with move ghost placed elsewhere) remains stationary.
No particles appear.
After a time, the land mires in chunks, as if hit by high-health particles.

If the HQ is deleted, the timer doesn't fall, remaining constant at 20sec.

Log attached, and 640KB seems large for a two-map session, even accounting for bugged restarts. So, I opened it up and had a look. What I found is in the title.

I seem to recall someone else mentioning something similar, but haven't found it. I assume that it's also something to do with the editor not being initialised in that game session.

While waiting for the fix, is it possible to mark the map to prevent others having the same issue?

Edit: Attached log.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

knucracker

Yeah, I've got that fixed in my dev build but have not published a build with the fix yet.  It is caused by ClearMessages.  You can work around it by loading any mission in the editor (even a new one).  Then you can exit and go back and play the mission.

I've been pulled away for the last couple of weeks for the CW1/2 launch but I'm back this week and will resume progress on PF... so I hope to have a new build out with this fix, other fixes, and some new features soon.