Terps firing endlessly at void + SetTerrain bug(?)

Started by kwinse, November 10, 2013, 01:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwinse

Don't remember seeing this reported before, and a quick search for 'terp void' turned up nothing...

Steps to reproduce:
1: Mark terrain to be changed by a terp
2: Change the terrain to void, either by editor or by SetTerrain

The marks will remain, and terps will endlessly try to raise the marked void squares.

Also, another quirk with SetTerrain that I'm not sure is a bug... If you mark squares to terp, then SetTerrain those squares to the marked height, the marks will remain. Terps will fire on the squares, at least long enough to clear the marks. The editor just clears same-height marks outright.

Attached screenshot shows both bugs in action. I did update to 1.09 beta to double check if it was fixed there.

Spencergray24

Void is actually just ground at level 500, but I opened up a new map editor anyways, set up a bunch of collectors and PZ with a terp on it, and a level1 marked void(following your method) and after about a minute(on x4) the terp brought it down to level.

So the terp is doing what it's programmed to do by bringing the lvl500 ground down to 1, but there is something in place that keeps you from terping void in the actual game, I mean, that would kinda be cheating.

Amram

being able to terp void would be awesome, and if you have to terp through 500 levels to get that land back, im not sure i'd call it cheating, your paying a gargantuan price for level 1 terrain.  How many tiles would it take before it was way cheaper to have just built the guppies, bombers/sprayers, ore mines, blasters shields, and done an island hopping assault instead of terping a path for relays to connect you.

planetfall

Quote from: Spencergray24 on November 14, 2013, 09:32:33 PM
So the terp is doing what it's programmed to do by bringing the lvl500 ground down to 1, but there is something in place that keeps you from terping void in the actual game, I mean, that would kinda be cheating.

But if ground is set to void by a script and there is a terraform marker on it, the marker doesn't go away and the terp tries to terraform it.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Karsten75

And there you have an interesting game mechanic.

Tjgalon

F0R