Known bugs and workarounds

Started by J, October 05, 2013, 10:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

Quote from: Indignation837 on October 11, 2013, 08:29:57 AM
I can't access the prospector zone at all, even though I've beaten the entire story campaign. I used to be able to, but I beat two levels in it, warped to another system in it, and now after finishing the last main mission it's redirecting me whenever I click on prospector zone to a randomly generated version of whatever campaign system I'm in. I can still access tormented space and alpha sector, it's only the prospector zone that's affected.

perhaps some screenshots and a data folder would be nice?
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

Quote from: Indignation837 on October 11, 2013, 08:29:57 AM
I can't access the prospector zone at all, even though I've beaten the entire story campaign. I used to be able to, but I beat two levels in it, warped to another system in it, and now after finishing the last main mission it's redirecting me whenever I click on prospector zone to a randomly generated version of whatever campaign system I'm in. I can still access tormented space and alpha sector, it's only the prospector zone that's affected. I also have artifacts of Odin appearing when I load up tormented space maps, I don't know if that's normal.

Tormented Space does have Artifacts of Odin.

For your other navigation problem, try this.

1. In your Documents folder, look for the CreeperWorld3 folder.
2. Make a complete copy of that folder as a backup.
3. In the CreeperWorld3 folder, look for the following folder path: Data -> Sectors -> Internal -> 100.
4. The 100 Folder is the save of your Prospector zone. Maybe if you delete it the system will recreate it and things are fine.

If not, replace the structure with your backup.
Also make a zipped folder containing the CreeperWorld3 folder and have that available to upload for Virgil. You can try and attach it to a post in this thread, but if it's too big, that attach will fail.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Indignation837

Quote from: Grauniad on October 11, 2013, 09:00:36 AM

Tormented Space does have Artifacts of Odin.

For your other navigation problem, try this.

1. In your Documents folder, look for the CreeperWorld3 folder.
2. Make a complete copy of that folder as a backup.
3. In the CreeperWorld3 folder, look for the following folder path: Data -> Sectors -> Internal -> 100.
4. The 100 Folder is the save of your Prospector zone. Maybe if you delete it the system will recreate it and things are fine.

If not, replace the structure with your backup.
Also make a zipped folder containing the CreeperWorld3 folder and have that available to upload for Virgil. You can try and attach it to a post in this thread, but if it's too big, that attach will fail.
Deleting the 100 folder worked perfectly, many thanks!

NNR_Alex

I've had a few 'invisible enemy' issues as well.  I'm trying to remember them all, sadly I don't have any screen shots.

All these occurred on TonyP's maps for me.

On Warzone Some of the spores were either invisible, or The beams were firing on non existent targets.

Similar issue on Countdown, except it was with firing the nullifier.  I'm guessing There were invisible emitters or something at the back of the map, because the nullifier targeted something I couldn't see, and Power Zones were left behind.

Invisible objects I think seems to be the most common occurrence that I've found.

4xC

Pic 1: even if you win as Skars and continue playing, the arc stll births oceans of creeper regularly.

Pic 2: That PZ relay on the left is th only connection between the CN and the Northwest Farm, but apparently, there's  bug in the relay deactivation button. Both relays still function whether it is pressed or not. Same thing with Disarm. Not that you would want to do any of these things, but it seemed worth testing for bugs.
C,C,C,C

Grauniad

Quote from: 4xC on October 21, 2013, 05:17:39 PM
Pic 1: even if you win as Skars and continue playing, the arc stll births oceans of creeper regularly.

Yes, your observation is correct. We noticed it and decided it wasn't worth delaying the release date to fix. [/quote]

Pic 2: That PZ relay on the left is th only connection between the CN and the Northwest Farm, but apparently, there's  bug in the relay deactivation button. Both relays still function whether it is pressed or not. Same thing with Disarm. Not that you would want to do any of these things, but it seemed worth testing for bugs.
Call it an idiosyncrasy of CW3. (Analogous the the idea in CW2 that isolated reactors would provide energy while they were lit.) Connected energy units provide energy. The disable relays will not, however, transfer packets of any kind.

Thisisnotasmile

Not a huge deal but the dialogue when you first enter the Alpha Sector says "...simple worlds, large worlds, super hard hards,...".

Super hard hards: For when your hard hards aren't hard enough.

4xC

If you need a save, I can get one.

Both things I am inputting are about spore towers.

Too many cause the stats to over extend.

And I think there should be something more visually prominent than a faint red ring for spore towers that are within 60 seconds of firing. For example, a bright glowing aura.
C,C,C,C

TChosen1

On some maps, mortars in power zones will rarely fire at creeper in edge of range if it is the only creeper in range. A great example of this is at Starsync, as the bottom mortar only fires when the creeper level goes above 3.5.  This can sometimes be a serious error if you need the mortar to fire directly at an emitter.

Pic1: Range of mortar, note that there is creeper in range.
Pic2: Mortar refusing to fire any shots into creeper.

Edit 1 (Nov.4): It seems that it depends on the loaded game.  The next time I opened this map, the mortars fired normally, which raises another issue of things not being constant in the same situation.  After opening the map again, mortars refused to fire directly on emitters, and instead opted on the surrounding area.

NFITC1

When I have multiple Berthas I usually have at least one that's auto-targeting. When I build several more at a time and want to set them to auto-target, double-clicking or Shift-A selecting will turn the one I have selected to auto-target automatically without me selecting it. Let me describe that scenario a little more in detail:

I have five Berthas that are auto-targeting. I usually have them grouped together so lets say these are.
Now I queue up five more in a line to be built. I double-click the one in the middle of the line to select all five of the new ones and one of the previous ones is selected. Since it's auto-targeting, it makes the Bertha I double-clicked on auto-target before I click that switch.
Similarly, if I "Select All" while the middle manual target Bertha is selected, it becomes auto-target because an auto-target Bertha is in the selected units group.

4xC

More interesting issues.

It would appear that when strafers are set to straight-line firing, they have a chance to shoot distinguishably off-center.

Attached is a save of this moment.

On another note, I found out that when bombers are deactivated or disarmed, they and their pads have the appropriate symbols on them, but bombers do not have the white "stop resupply" shade when they are set that way. I assume this is intentional since the pads take in the supplies?
C,C,C,C

JF-T

In the Prospector zone s100_39 on Bjojawal, the game is unending.

Below is a screenshot of what i am talking about directly below this line.

I nullified all emitters, but strangely, i got no victory screen, it jsut kept going despite a lack of enemies.
I've searched all over the map about three times and due to the size of the map it wasn't hard.
I even quit about four times but it just is stuck like that now.

I know the best fix is probly jsut to replay it, but it happenned so i reported it anyways :)
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

Grauniad

TChosen1

I have no idea if this counts but there's a way that AC collection could be turned off by accident.

1. Select a sprayer with AC collection ON (box with "AC collection field" should have an X in it)
2. Select a sprayer with AC collection OFF (two units are now selected, box with "AC collection field" should not have an X in it)
3. Select another sprayer with AC collection ON (you should now have three units selected, box with "AC collection field" should not have an X in it) Note: this step is sometimes optional
4. Remove the sprayer with AC collection OFF from the group (two/one units are selected).  The box "Enable AC collection field" will not have an X in it.

Checking those two sprayers will show that AC collection is now OFF.

Also, double-clicking a sprayer with AC collection on to select a bunch of sprayers, one with AC collection off, then deselecting that AC-off one will cause the one you double-clicked to also turn AC collection off

JF-T

Here you go, the save file of Bjojawal where the game has no enemies, yet no victory screen appears.

I repeated the level and it gave the victory screen upon the death of the last emitter.
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps