Custom Map #195: Liberation Pinball

Started by AutoPost, September 13, 2011, 02:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Quote from: MadMurphy on September 13, 2011, 05:47:08 PM
I am not sure how I would record my play through if I have to save. I will just have to give it a go and see what happens.

Only every now and then a saved game can't be reloaded (it actually loads, but messes up the gravity and build direction). An easy solution for today is to save even more often, because 95% of your games will load fine.

Virgil announced to release a new patch tomorrow which will solve this issue. :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

MadMurphy

It is more that I like to have a single play through when I record

Ebon Heart

Quote from: MadMurphy on September 13, 2011, 06:04:08 PM
Get a video up fast. :P I keep getting killed when those side emitters break free.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

UpperKEES

Quote from: Ebon Heart on September 13, 2011, 04:57:08 PM
AMAZING! I can't imagine how difficult this way to create... graphics, effects, it's got it all. You even have little light thingies for when the ball hits a sensor. :D

Yeah, I got this idea when Virgil in the CW2 pre-release talk topic mentioned that moving blobs of Creeper would be able to destroy packets on their way. That's more than a year ago now....

Quote from: MadMurphy on September 13, 2011, 06:04:08 PM

Ah, you're making a video. Nice, make sure you post a link here! :)

By the way: I'm sure you can merge 2 video's or cut a part out when reloading.

Ebon Heart

Hmm... The timing is great, the extra ball thing was a nice touch, though musts been a pain. There's also the effects up top which are amazing! The Drones are a nice touch too... Though the phantoms get annoying. Lol.

MadMurphy

Yeah, I can edit the videos. I will probably have a video up once I can beat it.

MadMurphy

After playing for awhile I dont think you will see a video from me, I just dont understand this map I guess.

UpperKEES

No worries, I'll post a few hints in a couple of days, but I'll let everyone try for themselves first.

Ebon Heart

The big problem is that it's a pain in the neck to build anything with that ball flying all around. Oh well, and I thought your cw1 maps were amazing! :P I can't wait to see more from you.
EDIT: I decided to give your map another go... I got my butt kicked again. The majority of my problem is that I spend half the time just watching the ball, and the score thingy. The level's so good, I can add the sound effects in my head. This map is the bane if my existence, I'm easily distracted by... Ooh, look! A bug! *chases bug*

UpperKEES

Glad to read just watching the map already is entertaining. :) When you're done watching just ignore the ball. As you know from one of Virgil's story maps it's no problem when your weapons get hit by a moving field of Creeper for a short period of time. Of course you'll need to build your civilian buildings in safe spots and while there seems to be ample space available to do so, it's actually possible to generate 90+ energy at the end of the map.

Regarding the music: yeah, I had been thinking about that myself as well! ;D Maybe something for CW3....

RichieRich

Wow  ;D  What a seriously cool construct.

I have to admit I havn't a clue how to approach this at this point. Hopefully get some time at the weekend.

DethbyIT

The long wait is over!
Fantastic concept, graphics, and game play...but I'll be working this one for a good long while.
Thanks UK.
dbit

Ebon Heart

KEES, I think you made your map too hard. 200+ downloads, 27 comments, and 1 score. Lmao. If I ever get it, I'll record my attempt. I think I'll have to test it when I have time and figure out where it's safe to build.

Fisherck

Quote from: Ebon Heart on September 14, 2011, 07:14:48 AM
KEES, I think you made your map too hard. 200+ downloads, 27 comments, and 1 score. Lmao. If I ever get it, I'll record my attempt. I think I'll have to test it when I have time and figure out where it's safe to build.
They'll come in. This is a big map. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

DethbyIT

Kees don't play around when it comes to map-making - only first class projects.
You do have to be better than the average bear at playing CW to beat them - or do what I do and wait for the hints.

In the mean time, I just keep firing this thing up and watching that damn ball bounce around.
<Grin>

dbit