Custom Map #258: The UDF (Pt. 3). Game Bug

Started by chwooly, October 30, 2016, 03:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chwooly

This map appears broken, It starts paused as it should, but after repositioning the HQ and unpausing the HQ doesn't move, the timer doesn't start, Particles are created according to the particle counter but none appear on the map.

See attached
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

knucracker

Yeah, looks like the prpl is trying to clear the tracelog, which only exists when in edit mode (if you you have ever been in edit mode).  I'll fix this up...
In the mean time, the way to play the mission is to start the game, enter any map in the editor, exit the editor.  Then, you can play the map.  When you first enter the editor it creates the debug log that the PRPL call wants.

chwooly

That worked well, Now I have another bug

Spoiler
After the emmiters get flipped by collection the data cache the gem factory in the upper left doesn't issue gems, The omni's just sit there lazing it but it never gets sent any energy from the mine and there are still 2 gems left to get.
[close]

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

GoodMorning

I wrote that script. The gem factory is notionally an enemy unit at that point, making it require an enemy unit to give it power (probably, based on the results of some tests with enemy Omnis). I don't know why the Omnis lathe it, but it may be because it is enemy and at least sometimes targetable, so they try to kill it, but the factory gains health when Lathed.

Speaking of which, if that is the problem, is it possible to set a structure to have different behaviour when lathed? Such as factories building rather than dying, or gems/pickups filling that red bar?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

ShadeOfRed

I ran into the issue of not grabbing the Omni before getting the info cache.  I know it said I should get everything, but it wasn't telling me if I don't grab everything first the level is uncompletable.

So, I grabbed the cache, and it turned the Omni into a flipped omni or something...and then when my omni's lathed it, it turned into a red omni icon.  And now I can't grab it.  :(  Thus I can't finish the mission.

GoodMorning

Yes, it is bugged. The script is being rewritten for a reupload, so as to avoid this.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.