2 things in custom map section

Started by J, January 06, 2012, 08:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J

1. Map ID doesn't show the map ID if you saved it (and changed the file) and moved it to %appdata%\CreeperWorld2

2. When hovering over a button it doesn't show the map on the right side, could be annoying when you move your mouse up and down to see what maps you have.

Echo51

you mean saved and edited in the editor? In that case it shouldn't show an id ;)
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

J

I didn't edit it in the map editor.
I downloaded the file, changed the file name and later I moved it to %appdata%\CreeperWorld2

Fisherck

Ha, I do this a lot, and I have never noticed it. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

knucracker

The map ID on that screen basically shows the file name on disk.  So it is showing what you renamed the file to.  By default the file name will be the map ID when you first download it.  Map IDs are just the number that is assigned to the map once it is uploaded.  This number only exists in the knuckle cracker database and isn't part of the map file.  So the only way the game has to determine the ID is by looking at the file name.  

Now it would be possible for the game to do a remote query for each map file as you hover over it, but I opted to not do that since the huge majority of people probably just download the map files using the in game browser and then don't rename the files.

J

Ok, thanks for the information.

I mostly download the maps from the mapmod program (you can't download them using the ingame browser) and save them in another folder (and rename them). If I want them in the custom maps section they have another name.

mthw2vc

I already knew about this. ("But I didn't say anything.")
Several of the maps in my list have intentionally silly IDs- one of them displays "MAP ID:SLOT2," another "MAPID:1+3I."

Michionlion

Quote from: mthw2vc on January 06, 2012, 10:55:33 AM
I already knew about this. ("But I didn't say anything.")

that jokes long gone.... (i think)
I knew it too.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!